Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Priority nurses!...but Ive only got 110 points!!!!!

Priority nurses!...but Ive only got 110 points!!!!!

Old May 7th 2002, 1:21 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Priority nurses!...but Ive only got 110 points!!!!!

Hi all,
Its me again!

Well I was merrily making plans...send off to ANCI this week..then for skilled independent visa and ....BANG....pass mark goes up to 115.arghhhhhhh

If I go as main applicant I have 110 points.and so does hubby....(he's joiner and I am RGN with relevant experience but am 40 yrs old)I dont know what the best thing to do....Please advise...here is dilema!!!!

1. Im doing degree ( in nursing) and son doing A levels so cant go till next year anyway.

2. Was planning for skilled independent as we have to wait.

3,So should I ...get 5 points from hubby's skill...he is joiner..with relevant experience..to apply for PR ....but this will take ages as he is self employed...OR
4. Wait (as in original plan ) and do employer nominated next yr and get 6 months experience then apply for PR...OR
5. Wait and see if the pass mark is reviewed in say July and relowered to 110..
6. OR at a push we could invest the A$100,000.....I think

I know Im panicking....but you know how we females work...we like to get things organised in our heads...Oh I wish I had a crystal ball!!!!!!

Advice please???????????????

Oh and if I wait till next yr for employer nominated visa...would you still apply for skills assessment now? I know it only stays 'relevant' for 2 yrs. If I go employer nominated I just register with WA where we want to go......Oh is that a designated area who are crying out for nurses...that would get me 5 extra points ...yes?????

Tearing my hair out now ...

Last edited by yvsie; May 7th 2002 at 1:26 pm.
Old May 7th 2002, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Priority nurses!...but Ive only got 110 points!!!!!

Hi Yvonne

What a flippin' nightmare!! I'm running around pulling my hair out too - just reading your thread!! Well, I know you've got to get there as quick as poss what with son doing A levels etc...I dunno much about your skills etc...but I do know that my husband applied as a carpenter - we're going under his points as skilled independents.

It wasn't that bad - we had the info together in a couple of months - then it took 4 months to hear back from the TRA. You can get employers references sorted quickly - my husband's self employed too. Just get some of his biggest clients to write what he did for them on letter headed paper (tell them exactly what you want them to write as they mightn't put as much info in there as the TRA likes to have.) Get his syllabus from the college he studied at - all the info is on the TRA sheet. Just follow it methodically and calmly and you'll get the 5 xtra points.

Sorry, can't be more help - but wish you lots of luck!! Let us know how you get on.

Lisa B
X
Old May 7th 2002, 2:20 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your concern Lisa

I think I will try to calm down and think things through logically.
We have already in our possession his explanation of training plus certificates, letters from various accountants, schools ( because no certs to proove he attended ...aw bless ), hubby is '715' subcontractor and could provide more up to date info on proof of earnings ets...oh and I did download the form a few weeks ago...just incase...huh...didnt think Id need it though!!
So how far back would we have to go???? for the letters from employers????
On other threads they say 3 or 4 years??

You could email me if you like with more info so as not to bore all the rest of the readers????!!!!! [email protected]

Thanks again for your concern
Old May 7th 2002, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Yvonne
What we think to what we emailed you yvonne after sitting down and disscussing it is this , well this is what paul thinks he would do : apply with the way you were going to apply in the first place with your 110 points, but state you will make up the extra 5 points by investing the $100 k at alater date , so hopefully by the time your case is delt with it is hopefully more than likely gone back to 110 points so your money would not be needed.
Can you not get any expert advice ?
Regards paul