Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Printer cartrudges.....where do you all buy replacements from

Printer cartrudges.....where do you all buy replacements from

Old May 16th 2007, 1:32 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Question Printer cartrudges.....where do you all buy replacements from

As we all know printer cartridges cost a fortune these days, and only seem to last ten minutes too. Where do you all buy your replacement cartridges from, any tips, of perhaps a cheap online store or similar.

Cheers if you have the time.
Our printer by the way is the Canon Pixma MP800
obviously the title should read cartridges, I must stop typing without the light on in here!!
Old May 16th 2007, 2:02 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Printer cartrudges.....where do you all buy replacements from

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
As we all know printer cartridges cost a fortune these days, and only seem to last ten minutes too. Where do you all buy your replacement cartridges from, any tips, of perhaps a cheap online store or similar.

obviously the title should read cartridges, I must stop typing without the light on in here!!
We have a Hp colour printer and we get ours from Office Works
Old May 16th 2007, 2:06 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Ebay..Loads of sellers...Been buying off ebay for about 3 yrs now and never had any problems with the cartidges.
Old May 16th 2007, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

has anyone tried those REFILL shops?

or perhaps the non-Canon brand? I have seen clone types of brands in Kmart for only $12 (where you just transfer the microchip) VS $24 for the original Canon #8 blk cartridge....
Old May 16th 2007, 2:24 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

I bought 3 colour cartridges in a pack 2 days ago, from a little stall thing (permanent one) in Whitfords. For 3 they cost me less than $50, I am sure I used to pay a bit more than that in UK. Our printer is a Brother and we brought it with us, they don't have the same model numbers here so talking to the guy on the stand was useful.
Old May 16th 2007, 2:25 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Get all mine from http://www.inkdirect.com.au
There just as good as the canon one.
Old May 16th 2007, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

bradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to all

Had ours refilled at Cartridge World,though the guy did say that you can only refill them so many times.
Old May 16th 2007, 2:30 am

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

What is the quality like when you refill ?

Originally Posted by bradfordlad
Had ours refilled at Cartridge World,though the guy did say that you can only refill them so many times.
Old May 16th 2007, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

bradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to all

Originally Posted by themerlin
What is the quality like when you refill ?
Sorry, but I'm no techno wizard.We only use ours for kids homework etc.So quality not a really big issue, HP series printer.
Maybe worth a one off try if your saving a good few dollars.
Old May 16th 2007, 5:14 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Try buying CALIDAD refills. For my Canon Pixma 150 the standard black cartridge is about $50 but the CALIDAD refill ink was $10. I just bought the refill for the colour cartridge (3 inks) for $12.95. That has enough ink in it to refill the cartrdige 2.5times so I'm saving around $90.

CALIDAD inks are sold at Dick Smith Electronics amongst others
Old May 16th 2007, 6:04 am

Have been warned against those because all printers use different inc, best to get third party inc carts for $6

Originally Posted by jayr
Try buying CALIDAD refills. For my Canon Pixma 150 the standard black cartridge is about $50 but the CALIDAD refill ink was $10. I just bought the refill for the colour cartridge (3 inks) for $12.95. That has enough ink in it to refill the cartrdige 2.5times so I'm saving around $90.

CALIDAD inks are sold at Dick Smith Electronics amongst others
Old May 16th 2007, 7:33 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys, anymore answers would be more than welcome, we use our printer a lot, so top up the cartridges quite often, consequently I dont fancy paying Office Works prices.
Old May 16th 2007, 9:35 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

https://www.quickink.com.au/

I just ordered a load from this one for our Epsom printer (which is crap and I'm so peed off I got talked into buying the thing :angry

Anyhow....they have slowly come through in dribs and drabs but over all they were pretty cheap, so if you do buy from them my suggestion would be to buy a few and keep them for stock
Old May 16th 2007, 9:38 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by themerlin
Get all mine from http://www.inkdirect.com.au
There just as good as the canon one.
Forget what I said just looked at that site and they are cheap as only thing I forgot to say was I wanted to also buy toner for my fax machine and the link I put up did both.
Old May 16th 2007, 9:38 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, anymore answers would be more than welcome, we use our printer a lot, so top up the cartridges quite often, consequently I dont fancy paying Office Works prices.
I've used Valueprint a coupleof times, and found them to be very good.

I've a Canon i9950 A3 printer which I use for photos as well as textand, as you say, they use ink as if it's going out of business. BCI-6x Canon tanks cost around the $24 mark, Cartridge World sell refills at around $14 and ValuePrint tanks cost about$5-6, with free postage over a $50 order. I got all my tanks from them as "specials", post free. You can choose which colours you have in the order to make up to the "special" deal. The quality seems to be as good as the Canon inks, and when I had a small problem with a tank they rang me back straight away to fix it (I just had to bend the little tag out - they can get distorted by the vacuum packing).

http://www.valueprint.net.au

or, specifically for the BCI-6 tanks: http://www.valueprint.net.au/product...cat=253&page=1

Last edited by Wol; May 16th 2007 at 9:50 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.