Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Print in @elbourne

Print in @elbourne

Old Sep 24th 2007, 12:23 pm
Geoff

Geoff Spilman will become famous soon enoughGeoff Spilman will become famous soon enough
Default Print in @elbourne

Hi

I'm a printer heading for Melbourne.....can anyone tell me their experiences of working in 'The Print' in the Melbourne area. I've experience in both web-offset and sheet-fed.

Last edited by Geoff Spilman; Sep 24th 2007 at 12:25 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Sep 24th 2007, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Print in @elbourne

Originally Posted by Geoff Spilman
Hi

I'm a printer heading for Melbourne.....can anyone tell me their experiences of working in 'The Print' in the Melbourne area. I've experience in both web-offset and sheet-fed.
Sorry don't yet know what it's like but hubby has a job as a Maintenance engineer in the print industry waiting for him in Melbourne, we went over to check the company out last year and hubby has a very high opinion of them having looked round and spent a couple of days there and they have been in regular contact throughout the 18 month visa process.

Hubby often looks at print week in the UK and apparently the following website is the Australian version

www.print21online.com

again sorry can't answer your question but hope this is helpful, i'm sure someone can help you

Jen
Old Sep 24th 2007, 1:07 pm
Geoff

Geoff Spilman will become famous soon enoughGeoff Spilman will become famous soon enough

THANKS FOR THAT...DIDN T HAVE THAT WEB SITE.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Geoff Spilman
THANKS FOR THAT...DIDN T HAVE THAT WEB SITE.
You welcome glad to help out. Hubby's been working in print in this country for about 9 years now and really enjoys his job (before I met him I didn't realise you could enjoy your work )

Good luck let us know how you get on

Jen