Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Primary teaching jobs in Victoria/Adelaide

Primary teaching jobs in Victoria/Adelaide

Old May 14th 2006, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

tofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud of
Default Primary teaching jobs in Victoria/Adelaide

Hi All,
We are looking at moving to Geelong or Adelaide area on SIR Visa and are trying to find out what demand there is for primary school teachers, either permanent or supply/casual in these areas.
Anybody living/lived in these areas that reads job advert columns in newspapers or has involvement with schools/education?

Any info gratefully received.

cheers
Pete
Old May 14th 2006, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Primary teaching jobs in Victoria/Adelaide

Originally Posted by tofster
Hi All,
We are looking at moving to Geelong or Adelaide area on SIR Visa and are trying to find out what demand there is for primary school teachers, either permanent or supply/casual in these areas.
Anybody living/lived in these areas that reads job advert columns in newspapers or has involvement with schools/education?

cheers
Pete

Heard from a primary teacher from Adelaide that jobs there were thin on the ground, unless you wanted to live in the back of beyond, which was so terrible it put any decent ozzie teacher off(her words not mine),but eh, if you're willing to to that for a couple of years, it might be a small price to pay.
Nick
Old May 14th 2006, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

tofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nick11
Heard from a primary teacher from Adelaide that jobs there were thin on the ground, unless you wanted to live in the back of beyond, which was so terrible it put any decent ozzie teacher off(her words not mine),but eh, if you're willing to to that for a couple of years, it might be a small price to pay.
Nick
Cheers for that !
Old May 14th 2006, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Cheers for that !
If you teach key stage 1 you can get in on STNI visa for Victoria as a pre primary teacher.NOOSR class 3 - 8 years as pre primary and that job is currently on the wish list for Victoria.That's what I'm doing.
Old May 23rd 2006, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

If you teach key stage 1 you can get in on STNI visa for Victoria as a pre primary teacher.NOOSR class 3 - 8 years as pre primary and that job is currently on the wish list for Victoria.That's what I'm doing.
Thanks for the advice.
Will have to take that up with my agent. He claims we can only go on SIR. Wife teaches KS1 but agent says it is not on MODL list. Any more info/help would be really appreciated. Where did you find out NOOSR classed 3-8 yrs as pre-primary ??
Cheers
Peter
Old May 23rd 2006, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the advice.
Will have to take that up with my agent. He claims we can only go on SIR. Wife teaches KS1 but agent says it is not on MODL list. Any more info/help would be really appreciated. Where did you find out NOOSR classed 3-8 yrs as pre-primary ??
Cheers
Peter
Hi there
Peter Here again.
Any chance of a chat ref STNI Victoria ? -my no 07771 635430. Cheers, Peter
Old May 23rd 2006, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi there
Peter Here again.
Any chance of a chat ref STNI Victoria ? -my no 07771 635430. Cheers, Peter

From my agent.I've got a certificate from NOOSR to prove it. It says on application - pre primary 3-8 years.Not sure of NOOSR website - just type it into google and go to download NOOSR application - I think it says on there.Must say your agent doesn't sound too good!
Nick
Old May 23rd 2006, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

cheers
Pete
Lots of supply work but full time is hard to come by, my Aunt is a Teacher in Melbourne so I have some inside info on this
Old May 23rd 2006, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Lots of supply work but full time is hard to come by, my Aunt is a Teacher in Melbourne so I have some inside info on this

Who wants to work full time - not me. Don't know if I even want to continue teaching.Feeling very disallusioned, maybe why I'm so desperate to go to Oz!
Nick
Old May 23rd 2006, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Who wants to work full time - not me. Don't know if I even want to continue teaching.Feeling very disallusioned, maybe why I'm so desperate to go to Oz!
Nick

same with me...but not sure part time or supply, temp..will be enough for PR when time comes...im on SIR visa for South australia..
Old May 24th 2006, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

From my agent.I've got a certificate from NOOSR to prove it. It says on application - pre primary 3-8 years.Not sure of NOOSR website - just type it into google and go to download NOOSR application - I think it says on there.Must say your agent doesn't sound too good!
Nick
Thanks again Nick,
I'm on my agent's back now!!. Will let you know what happens.
Regards
Peter

PS - total discretion assured - no beans spilled anywhere!
Old May 29th 2006, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Nick
Hi Nick,
Did you apply for STNI prior to having your skills assessed?
Peter
Old May 29th 2006, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Nick,
Did you apply for STNI prior to having your skills assessed?
Peter

No
Old May 30th 2006, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

No
Thank heavens for that, thought I was losing it for a minute.
Cheers for your help.
Old May 30th 2006, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank heavens for that, thought I was losing it for a minute.
Cheers for your help.

How are you getting on ? Anything happened with your agent.
Just remembered had to fill in an early years childhood registration form as well. You can download it from live in victoria.
Nick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.