Reload this Page >

Primary schools - Umina & Woy Woy

Primary schools - Umina & Woy Woy

Old Apr 30th 2009, 5:19 am
Just Joined

ohagas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Primary schools - Umina & Woy Woy

Hi

I have read various commentary re primary schools in the central coast area, but thought I'd start a specific thread on the Woy Woy region.
We'll be moving to Umina soon and my daughter is due is start school next Jan. Apparently she doesn't qualify for Umina Public as she is in the zone for Woy Woy South Public school.
Can anyone provide feedback on Woy Woy South Public? Is it a good school? The only alternative is nearby St Josephs Catholic, but is the cost justified when the public school may be just as good?

Thanks
Sean
Old Apr 30th 2009, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Primary schools - Umina & Woy Woy

Originally Posted by ohagas
Hi

I have read various commentary re primary schools in the central coast area, but thought I'd start a specific thread on the Woy Woy region.
We'll be moving to Umina soon and my daughter is due is start school next Jan. Apparently she doesn't qualify for Umina Public as she is in the zone for Woy Woy South Public school.
Can anyone provide feedback on Woy Woy South Public? Is it a good school? The only alternative is nearby St Josephs Catholic, but is the cost justified when the public school may be just as good?

Thanks
Sean
My daughter went to Woy Woy South for 2 years and it was fine as far as I was concerned. At the end of the day the child also plays a part in how they do, its easy to blame the teachers. She did year 5 and 6 and is now at Brisbane Waters Secondry college. Also just a point to save heaps of money you can ask at the canteen for second had uniform and pick up some good stuff for about $2.

If you do, give me a shout my friends child is in year 6 and may have some uniform.

Where you moving too by the way. I live in Fitzroy, you must live up past Australia Avenue cause thats the cut of for Umina.

Jo
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:08 am
Just Joined

ohagas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Primary schools - Umina & Woy Woy

Hi Jo

I was hoping you would respond, thanks for the tips
We'll be moving up there in early June. I'll PM you and catch up for that coffee sometime.

Cheers
Sean