Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Primary Schools Perth NOR own experience not statistics

Primary Schools Perth NOR own experience not statistics

Old Feb 10th 2013, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

GunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really nice
Default Primary Schools Perth NOR own experience not statistics

Hi

I have done lots of research on schools NOR but would like to know people's opinion based on their own experience and not just all the statistical information. I know this could open a can of worms so feel free to private message me.

I am open minded over state or private. I would like primary to be in same catchment area as good high school. With regards to location i would not want to go to far in land as we do like the beach so areas such as Ellenbrook would be out the question.

Any information would be appreciated
Old Feb 10th 2013, 8:52 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Primary Schools Perth NOR own experience not statistics

Originally Posted by GunnersCandy
Hi

I have done lots of research on schools NOR but would like to know people's opinion based on their own experience and not just all the statistical information. I know this could open a can of worms so feel free to private message me.

I am open minded over state or private. I would like primary to be in same catchment area as good high school. With regards to location i would not want to go to far in land as we do like the beach so areas such as Ellenbrook would be out the question.

Any information would be appreciated
Closer to the beach = higher the house prices, hope you have done your sums?

Our son went to Marmion Primary school and we cannot recommend highly enough, really liked the school and the the way they taught the kids. Check the stats and you'll see it is a very good performing school.

This primary school is a feeder school for Carine Senior High, which we didn't feel would suit our son..... so there's a lesson here, don't focus too much on the primary school, look at the bigger picture and which high school does it feed into.

Average house price in Marmion is now $900,000, you'll more than likely need to be in the catchment area to get into the schools.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

GunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really niceGunnersCandy is just really nice
Default Re: Primary Schools Perth NOR own experience not statistics

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Closer to the beach = higher the house prices, hope you have done your sums?

Our son went to Marmion Primary school and we cannot recommend highly enough, really liked the school and the the way they taught the kids. Check the stats and you'll see it is a very good performing school.

This primary school is a feeder school for Carine Senior High, which we didn't feel would suit our son..... so there's a lesson here, don't focus too much on the primary school, look at the bigger picture and which high school does it feed into.

Average house price in Marmion is now $900,000, you'll more than likely need to be in the catchment area to get into the schools.
Thanks for your reply.
Yes i am aware close to the beach means big £ when i say close i don't mean within walking distance, just the likes of Ellenbrook are to far for me.
As we will be renting to start with i am not concerned at this stage with high schools as my eldest is only 5. I don't particularly want her to go to a very large school at Orkney level.