Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Primary Schools in Melbourne?

Primary Schools in Melbourne?

Old Aug 31st 2007, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all
Default Primary Schools in Melbourne?

Hi,
Can anybody recommend any good primary schools in the Western Metropolitan area of Melbourne. We are coming out in January and need to enrol are two boys but obviously not being physically able to go round a school to see what it's like or the area as we are still in the Uk we are finding this task a bit daunting to say the least:
We are looking for schools preferably around Essendon, Keilor and Taylors Lakes.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks
Sarah and Russell
Old Aug 31st 2007, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Primary Schools in Melbourne?

Originally Posted by Carlton Cold's
Hi,
Can anybody recommend any good primary schools in the Western Metropolitan area of Melbourne. We are coming out in January and need to enrol are two boys but obviously not being physically able to go round a school to see what it's like or the area as we are still in the Uk we are finding this task a bit daunting to say the least:
We are looking for schools preferably around Essendon, Keilor and Taylors Lakes.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks
Sarah and Russell

Sarah & Russell,

We have been doing the same. You may find this link useful
http://www.education.vic.gov.au/scho...ine/Browse.asp

You could also try posting on the britvic forum as I have - they have come back with excellent responses from people living in the area.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

Thanks Reedy, have already been on that particular website... very informative, but I just feel I'm going round and round in circles. The problem is that we have to enrol our 2 boys before we come out as part of our visa process but really don't want to choose a school, enrol, pay the fees and it's in the totally wrong place and unsuitable.
Can we change our minds once we are in Melbourne and have found a school which is in the right area?
I have also posted on Britvics and hope for some light at the end of the tunnel

Thanks for your help, any help in this mad mad move it appreciated
Thanks again
Sarah
Old Aug 31st 2007, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carlton Cold's
Thanks Reedy, have already been on that particular website... very informative, but I just feel I'm going round and round in circles. The problem is that we have to enrol our 2 boys before we come out as part of our visa process but really don't want to choose a school, enrol, pay the fees and it's in the totally wrong place and unsuitable.
Can we change our minds once we are in Melbourne and have found a school which is in the right area?
I have also posted on Britvics and hope for some light at the end of the tunnel

Thanks for your help, any help in this mad mad move it appreciated
Thanks again
Sarah
Sarah,

You will see that I have put a similar question on re Point Cook / Sanctuary lakes and they have been really helpful....

Obviously you have to consider the time difference when waiting for a response which I am sure will come!