Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Primary Schools, deception bay area

Primary Schools, deception bay area

Old Sep 25th 2006, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future
Default Primary Schools, deception bay area

Just past Meds stage at VISA thought it may be a good time to check areas.

I have a Daughter who will be 5 by the time the main Oz school year starts so does anyone know how good the primary schools are around the deception Bay/ North Brisbane areas?

Also if we manage to sell up and get there for late december/early January will it be impossible to get a place in the good schools?

Thanks
Old Sep 25th 2006, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Primary Schools, deception bay area

Anyone know this area?
Old Sep 25th 2006, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wondering as well !
We have a boy who will be 5 in January so hopefully someone can answer your question.

Can I put Northlakes area in to the mix

Ian
Old Sep 27th 2006, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

I found a link to Deception bay state school but it tells me bugger all.

Am a bit worried if the school is any good then we aren't going to be able to get her in.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caleb2003
I found a link to Deception bay state school but it tells me bugger all.

Am a bit worried if the school is any good then we aren't going to be able to get her in.
Hi, we E-mailed quite a few schools in the North Brisbane area and asked them if they would be prepared to post out some info on each school as we were looking into emigrating. They were all willing to do this and a few weeks later prospectus's came through the door. From this we were able to make up a short list of which schools we would visit when our time finally arrives to emigrate. We went on the Governments Education website for the schools E-mail addresses, and also found out that a lot of them have websites so you can have a sneak preview. As for school places being available during certain times of the year we were told that they could see no problems with our 3 children being enrolled and to just turn up whenever. Hope this helps.
Sam x.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by samnsam
Hi, we E-mailed quite a few schools in the North Brisbane area and asked them if they would be prepared to post out some info on each school as we were looking into emigrating. They were all willing to do this and a few weeks later prospectus's came through the door. From this we were able to make up a short list of which schools we would visit when our time finally arrives to emigrate. We went on the Governments Education website for the schools E-mail addresses, and also found out that a lot of them have websites so you can have a sneak preview. As for school places being available during certain times of the year we were told that they could see no problems with our 3 children being enrolled and to just turn up whenever. Hope this helps.
Sam x.
Very helpful thanks, What schoold did they end up in/are they good?

Ta
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Very helpful thanks, What schoold did they end up in/are they good?

Ta
We haven't got there yet, stuck here for at least another 15months or so. The schools all look great on paper so wont know for sure until we visit. Have decided to let our 3 kids have a month off school when we arrive as this will give us plenty of time to decide on the best school possible and save us from rushing into making a decision, (haven't told the kids yet will keep it as a surprise). Have family in Bellemere, Caboolture and Morayfield all not that far from Deception Bay, and the kids (all 7 of them) absolutely love school and their ages range from 5 to 15 years, you wouldn't hear our kids saying they love school over here.
Sam x.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

My girl says she loves school but she's only been going to reception year classes for 3 weeks!! Don't think it will last!
Old Sep 27th 2006, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Anyone know this area?
We spent a day in Redcliffe in August and spotted a place called "Humpybong State School". The name tickled us so much that we called in on spec. Deputy head spent about half an hour with us. School seemed fine (if a bit big - about 800 pupils compared to our village school here with about 130), and they seemed to have very positive policies on integration, bullying, and helping the more advance children achieve their best (an issue if coming from the UK where the kids are likely to be a year ahead of their Oz peers). They've taken on quite a few overseas students recently, including two Russians the day before we visited - both totally independent of each other. Just loved that name. Humpybong. Still makes me smile!
Old Sep 27th 2006, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Can anyone please help and put any web links up for the primary schools in and around North Lakes, I have been looking - but cannot find any links.

Ta very much for this...
Old Sep 28th 2006, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
Hi

Can anyone please help and put any web links up for the primary schools in and around North Lakes, I have been looking - but cannot find any links.

Ta very much for this...
Hi Ian & Sharon,
North Lakes has a school called North Lakes college, if you go on Queensland Education website it has a page on it where you can type in the area you are interested in and it brings up all the names, web addresses for the schools in that area.
Hope this helps
Sam x.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 1:52 pm
ged
Forum Regular

ged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really niceged is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
Hi

Ta very much for this...

Hi Ian and Sharon
we moved to north lakes three weeks ago lovely area great school north lakes college my kids our 8 and 9 have to live in catchment and have proof (rental agreement )of address.
pm me if you need and info will be glad to help.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ged
Hi Ian and Sharon
we moved to north lakes three weeks ago lovely area great school north lakes college my kids our 8 and 9 have to live in catchment and have proof (rental agreement )of address.
pm me if you need and info will be glad to help.
She probably will after

Thank you.

Ian
Old Sep 29th 2006, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Ged

Trying to Pm you but your inbox is full......
Old Sep 29th 2006, 1:49 am
ridiculous avatar

Jimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

We are in North lakes too for the moment and will start our 9 year old there after half term. It has a very good reputation.

I would say just make sure your child is happy wherever they go. A happy child will learn to their capabilities.

We are looking at housing at the top of Mango Hill which falls into Deception Bay area, so if we go any further with those plans will let you know.

I will offer a bit of advice, like a birth plan, keep your options open, research all you can but it is completely different when you actually see it all and exciting!

We looked at the Glass house Mountains as an option but when we saw it we were scared!! I could never live there. We looked at Caboolture but eveyone here would not touch it as there are 2 prisons there and the family of prisoners relocate to be close to inmates. I met some people living there on a night out.......I had better keep my opinions to myself. However, this place is expanding like mad and I am sure in 10 years time a piece of land in Caboolture will be expensive.

We have been all over Brisbane N,S,E &W and there are nice and not so nice areas dotted everywhere. We have chosen the North because of proximity to the airport. Gold Coast in 55 mins Sunshine in 40, local beach at Redcliffe 10 mins.

Schools are more relaxed here you will find and catchments are not as tight as the Uk.

Good luck and pm if you have any other questions.

Vics x

Last edited by Jimmy Cliff; Sep 29th 2006 at 1:54 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.