Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Primary schools in Bunbury

Primary schools in Bunbury

Old Feb 12th 2012, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

richarlotte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Primary schools in Bunbury

Hello, I would be very grateful for any advice on choosing between Adam Road Primary and South Bunbury Primary.
I intend to enrolled my daughter who will be six and my son who will be 5 into either school in the last term of the year, so as to make some friends before the Christmasvholidays.
Our visa has been accepted and we aim to arrive in Perth In the next 7 /8 months.
I have dozens of other questions regarding the move, car, dog ,,,,,,,,,! But thought I would start here mainly to see which, if any, families are in Bunbury that I can introduce myself to.
TIA
Charlotte
Old Feb 12th 2012, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Primary schools in Bunbury

It is some time since I had a child at primary school in Bunbury, so preferrences may have changed. My daughter went to South Bunbury, which 12 years ago was preferrable to Adam Road. Both have very good facilities but I would say that South Bunbury is still the smaller of the two. At the end of the day, it will come down to where you live as both are in different catchment areas. From Adam Road, you would go on to Newton Moore High or a private school. At South Bunbury, you are more likely to be in the Bunbury High catchment area.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 7:20 am
Just Joined

richarlotte is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that very helpful reply, we are going to be on Mangles street which I believe is the middle of the two?
Can you also tell me whether my son Angus will be in year 1 or kindy, he will be 5? And finally, which is considered the better high school.
Thanks a lot, again
Charlotte
Old Feb 13th 2012, 8:39 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richarlotte
Thanks for that very helpful reply, we are going to be on Mangles street which I believe is the middle of the two?
Can you also tell me whether my son Angus will be in year 1 or kindy, he will be 5? And finally, which is considered the better high school.
Thanks a lot, again
Charlotte
Why Mangles St if I may ask?
Old Feb 13th 2012, 9:07 am
Just Joined

Micro30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by richarlotte
Thanks a lot, again
Charlotte
Year 1 is for children turning 6 during the year.

Cheers
Old Feb 13th 2012, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I would choose South Bunbury, but do go and have a look at both before you make your own decision. It will depend on your children's birthdays as to which years they will go into.
For Grade 1 (Primary 1), a child needs to turn 6 on or before 30th June, 5 for Pre-Primary, 7 for Grade 2 and so on. It is a very good idea to put them into school for the last term. South Bunbury has a nice little Pre-Primary right next door.
Do not worry too much about the High Schools at this point. There are many other options in Bunbury that you can consider and you will have plenty of time to do this.