Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is Primary school teacher a Pre-Primary teacher

Is Primary school teacher a Pre-Primary teacher

Old Jan 12th 2004, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

trevd72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is Primary school teacher a Pre-Primary teacher

thanks to Brett just found that Victoria are looking for Pre-Primary school teachers for sponsorship. My partner has a BA in Primary Ed and at the moment teaching year 3 in the UK. From what we undersant the Australian pre primary is upto year 3 but they start a year earlier. would this allow us to apply for state sponsorship.

Also how long does this sponsorship last? Although we have decided Australia is for us we are not ready to start the ball rolling uptil Sept 2004, with the skills assessment.

thanks in advance.

(how did people migrate before the net was invented, god only knows)
Old Jan 12th 2004, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Is Primary school teacher a Pre-Primary teacher

sorry made a mistake. that should have been "we start a year earlier"

Originally posted by trevd72
From what we undersant the Australian pre primary is upto year 3 but they start a year earlier.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:10 pm
Madwoman

katyjoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by trevd72
thanks to Brett just found that Victoria are looking for Pre-Primary school teachers for sponsorship. My partner has a BA in Primary Ed and at the moment teaching year 3 in the UK. From what we undersant the Australian pre primary is upto year 3 but they start a year earlier. would this allow us to apply for state sponsorship.

Just wondering how you found out about the pre-primary school sponsership. I am a teacher and looking to migrate this year in october and a sponsership with a guaranteed job would be most appreciated. Can you post the link to the site you found this info on?

thanks in advance
katyjoy
Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:32 am
Just Joined

http://www.migration.vic.gov.au/CA25...9?OpenDocument

the address above has the details about the jobs that will be sponsored. on the page is a .doc to download, this is a list of occupations they are looking for.

Originally posted by katyjoy
Just wondering how you found out about the pre-primary school sponsership. I am a teacher and looking to migrate this year in october and a sponsership with a guaranteed job would be most appreciated. Can you post the link to the site you found this info on?

thanks in advance
katyjoy
Old Jan 13th 2004, 5:20 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya Trevd72,

Once I have been to solicitors tomorrow my NOOSR can go off. According to their forms, Pre-Primary is aged 3-8 yrs. I have decided to go with Primary as my degree states that I can teach 4-11. It might be a bad move, time will tell.
I also teach Year 3, just had another new one arrive today. They got rid of a teacher this year due to falling numbers, but I am now back up to 28 and if I am still in school next year I will have 31. Scary thought.

Best Wishes
Sarah
Old May 23rd 2006, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by teach
Hiya Trevd72,

Once I have been to solicitors tomorrow my NOOSR can go off. According to their forms, Pre-Primary is aged 3-8 yrs. I have decided to go with Primary as my degree states that I can teach 4-11. It might be a bad move, time will tell.
I also teach Year 3, just had another new one arrive today. They got rid of a teacher this year due to falling numbers, but I am now back up to 28 and if I am still in school next year I will have 31. Scary thought.

Best Wishes
Sarah

Just found this Pete - hope it helps
Old May 23rd 2006, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trevd72

Also how long does this sponsorship last? Although we have decided Australia is for us we are not ready to start the ball rolling uptil Sept 2004, with the skills assessment.

thanks in advance.

(how did people migrate before the net was invented, god only knows)
Would check that usual accepted qualification is Degree plus PGCE before going any further, there are issues regarding 3 year qualification as far as I'm aware. Pre Primary equates to reception year in UK so possibly not a good sign. Would recommend you contact the relevant assessing authority
Old May 23rd 2006, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Would check that usual accepted qualification is Degree plus PGCE before going any further, there are issues regarding 3 year qualification as far as I'm aware. Pre Primary equates to reception year in UK so possibly not a good sign. Would recommend you contact the relevant assessing authority

Sorry ,we were talking about ages for a pre primary teacher - not the degree (got a 4 year Bed from North Riding up in your neck of the woods) In U.K pre primary is 3-5 years. NOOSR class it as 3 - 8 years. Strange!
Old May 23rd 2006, 9:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nick11
Sorry ,we were talking about ages for a pre primary teacher - not the degree (got a 4 year Bed from North Riding up in your neck of the woods) In U.K pre primary is 3-5 years. NOOSR class it as 3 - 8 years. Strange!
Strange but sounds closer to school ages here as they start proper school at an older age. Beware - the original thread is 2 years old!
Old May 24th 2006, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Strange but sounds closer to school ages here as they start proper school at an older age. Beware - the original thread is 2 years old!

It's still the case - saw it in black and white in my NOOSR aplication pack.I think a lot of teachers aren't aware of it.Hope I've helped
Nick
Old May 24th 2006, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

alwyck is an unknown quantity at this point

Soponsorship is good for 1 year from date of being granted....
Good Luck and dont forget to get registered by VIT well in advance of going!
I am going into Victoria as a teacher too under the SIR visa....
If you require any more advice ..be glad to help!