Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Primary School Teacher moving to Oz

Primary School Teacher moving to Oz

Old Aug 29th 2013, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

cornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nicecornwall9 is just really nice
Default Re: Primary School Teacher moving to Oz

I believe teaching wages in WA start at about AUD60,000 for graduate teachers (within their first two years of teaching), not sure how much of an increase there will be given that you've worked for about 3 years.

Say you get AUS70,000, I'd still say it's not a lot of money to support a whole family with it as the sole bread earner. Unless you're happy to live quite far from the centre of Perth, places further up and down the coast, such as Mandurah in the South and Butler in the North are much more affordable but then you might have quite a long commute depending on where you work.

I'm about to start my Primary PGCE in England and so out of interest, can anyone confirm that there are more jobs over East, say Brisbane or Melbourne way, or is it similar to the situation in WA?

Thanks!