Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Prices of flights - price/time of year

Prices of flights - price/time of year

Old Sep 16th 2006, 1:13 am
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light
Default Prices of flights - price/time of year

Hi all

Well its that time now to start considering the prices of flights. I was hoping that you fine people would post on here the price of the flight, the time of year (date) and which airline so we can compare and work out what the trends are for cheaper airfare. I want to be nosy and know what people have paid!! If anyone knows of any low cost carriers then again please do post

Cheers

Justin
Old Sep 16th 2006, 2:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prices of flights - price/time of year

Originally Posted by eljustino
Hi all

Well its that time now to start considering the prices of flights. I was hoping that you fine people would post on here the price of the flight, the time of year (date) and which airline so we can compare and work out what the trends are for cheaper airfare. I want to be nosy and know what people have paid!! If anyone knows of any low cost carriers then again please do post

Cheers

Justin

Try www.asda-travel.co.uk

they always come in cheaper than the airline site
Old Sep 16th 2006, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Hi all

Cheers

Justin
Hi Justin, I pais £1266 in total for 2 adults and 1 child. Flying 5th Nov one way with Singapore Airlines.
Tracie.
Old Sep 16th 2006, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Hi Justin, I pais £1266 in total for 2 adults and 1 child. Flying 5th Nov one way with Singapore Airlines.
Tracie.
Hi we paid £418 each for one way tickets with Cathay Pacific from London to Sydney (includes transfer flights from Manchester to Heathrow) on 12th November.

The flights will get expensive on the run up to xmas/new year but should come down quite a lot after that.
Old Sep 16th 2006, 4:19 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonik25
Hi we paid £418 each for one way tickets with Cathay Pacific from London to Sydney (includes transfer flights from Manchester to Heathrow) on 12th November.

The flights will get expensive on the run up to xmas/new year but should come down quite a lot after that.

We are hopefully going out to Adelaide in June of next year so prices should not be too bad at all. We got 4 kids but with airlines being the way they are the two older kids have to pay adult prices so we will have to pay for 4 adults and two kids.

But it will be well worth it !!!!!!!
Old Sep 16th 2006, 5:48 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

I think march/april is the best time of year, and singapore are always the recommeded airline.

Sometime round the world tickets can be be just slightly more than the return if you want to see more of the world before settleling down
Old Sep 17th 2006, 2:13 am
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light

Wow that asda website is fantastic..but would you fly with Hang Khong Vietnam Airlines...bet they uise props and not jets and you fly in the cargo hold with the chickens :scared:

Seriously thanks for the prices and the advice, was just what i was after

Thanks all..... Oh and for those going before me...please do post when you get chance on how it is especially a recap of your experiences over the first weeks after arrival

Justin
Old Sep 17th 2006, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Cheers

Justin
Justin...i had an email from oztravel in manchester for £555 one way...just had a look for it but i think i deleted it. That was only this week had it...I remmeber it was flying to sydney..but not sure where from.
Old Sep 17th 2006, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

christinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Justin...i had an email from oztravel in manchester for £555 one way...just had a look for it but i think i deleted it. That was only this week had it...I remmeber it was flying to sydney..but not sure where from.

Austravel seem to be have pretty cheap flights

http://www.austravel.com/