Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Prices of Flights to Perth

Prices of Flights to Perth

Old Jan 29th 2011, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

debs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nice
Default Prices of Flights to Perth

Hi

I am looking to book a one way flight to Perth end of July or August the cheapest price I seem to have come up with per adult is £582.00 does this seem reasonable please for this time of year and being one way?

Or is it better to book the flights nearer to the time of arrival?

It is flying with Singapore Airlines not sure what they are like because I travelled with Emirates last time I came to validate my visa any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Debbie
Old Jan 29th 2011, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all
Default Re: Prices of Flights to Perth

Where from? As price changes depending on what airport/country you fly from.

What dates as well

I paid £900 one way at new year per-Gla

Last edited by mvagusta; Jan 29th 2011 at 8:21 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

debs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nice

I am looking to fly from Manchester to Perth in August of this year.

Cheers

Debbie
Old Jan 30th 2011, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

The cheapest I can find is the Singapore flight at £583 although be aware that you have an 18hr stopover which will mean an overnight stay.

Next is Qantas at £615 flying from Man-LHR-SIN-PER 23hrs with very little down time.

You always pay more on a one way trip although I would say these prices are not too bad. Scheduled airline prices normally increase the closer to departure as a rule so normally it's better to book well in advance.

Of the two airlines Singapore is generally regarded as being the better although I've never flown with either.

Have you considered Air Asia. A one way fare departing London stanstead 21/08/11 £407 although I think you have to pay for baggage. The flight times are pretty good with little stopover that's if you can get to Stanstead. Try Easyjet as they fly to Stanstead.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

We are flying with Emirates on the 14th of February from Birmingham International at 1.25pm, land in Dubai at 0.15am, depart from Dubai at 02.40am and on to Perth for 17.10pm.
£514.00 each adult, £388.00 per child all one way.
Total cost £3488.58
We like the look of the timed landings and departures, this does have some reflection in your prices to.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

Originally Posted by deb68
We are flying with Emirates on the 14th of February from Birmingham International at 1.25pm, land in Dubai at 0.15am, depart from Dubai at 02.40am and on to Perth for 17.10pm.
Total cost £3488.58
We like the look of the timed landings and departures, this does have some reflection in your prices to.
I think Emirates is much better and you only have one stop not two like Singapore airlines.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by billymacker
I think Emirates is much better and you only have one stop not two like Singapore airlines.
Are you sure about Singapore?

They fly from Manchester and the £583 price was Man-Sin-Per checked on sky scanner.

The best price I can see at present with Emirates is £765 one way.

Having said that I have flown with Emirates twice and I've just booked a return trip Gla-Per within 10 days of departure (06/02/11) and the cost was £787. The flight times are rubbish with a 10hr stop outbound and an 18hr stop inbound. I could have went for the quick 2hr change over but it would have cost another £300.

Last edited by mvagusta; Jan 30th 2011 at 9:54 am. Reason: More info
Old Jan 30th 2011, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by deb68
Total cost £3488.58
We flew Emirates both times. Departed Heathrow at 2.15pm & then the landing at Dubai & following flights were the same as you have. Total cost for the one way flights last September were a couple of hundred cheaper than yours but we booked them at the end of 2009.

I have to agree the flight times worked very well for us (2 adults + 4 & 5 year old), which is why when we booked our one way flights when booked the same times as we'd had for our validation trip. We even managed to book the same seats

Alison x
Old Jan 30th 2011, 9:50 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mvagusta
Are you sure about Singapore?

They fly from Manchester and the £583 price was Man-Sin-Per checked on sky scanner.
Yes, the MAN - SIN flight now stops in Munich.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bcworld
Yes, the MAN - SIN flight now stops in Munich.
Your correct. It doesn't state it on sky scanner although it does state it when trying to book.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

nick1284 will become famous soon enoughnick1284 will become famous soon enough

AirAsia was the cheapest option when i was looking for flights around feb/march if you dont mind flying from stansted. Although i missed the promo's which made ticket prices generally 100 pound cheaper. Beware you do have to pay extras though like baggage. I paid £60 (30+30) extra for up to 30kg on both flights, also around £9 for meal for the london -kl flight, and i paid £20 extra for a priority extra leg room seat. The flight to KL is 13 hours so its definately worth it. You can book a normal ticket for £5 otherwise its pot luck where u sit. Even with all the extra add ons i dont think anywhere is cheaper than AirAsia you just need to find a good price by searching on their website. Book early with them though as prices dont fall nearer the time and a lot of flights get booked up.