Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

price of tumble dryer?

price of tumble dryer?

Old Jan 29th 2005, 2:27 pm
heehaugh

Granger will become famous soon enoughGranger will become famous soon enough
Default price of tumble dryer?

I don't know whether to take my front loader tumble dryer to Perth or not . It only cost £100 and is very very good, only 1.5 years old. I thought because it was so cheap I should leave and buy one over there, but I can't seem to find many on the oz web sites, and if I do they don't show prices. Have done a search on here and can't find this answer anywhere. Anyone know how much one would cost (don't mind front or top loader)? And also any good web pages for finding out prices of household stuff. I'm beginning to think that in oz most people don't buy online!
Old Jan 29th 2005, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

dawn kirbyshire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: price of tumble dryer?

are you going to need a tumble dryer? i thought that was why we're going.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 3:39 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are taking a container, you may as well put it in.

Don't know how much they are used. Obviously Australia does get winter and cold and wet! Also towels hung to dry on a line in very hot dry weather just want putting in the bin IMO
Old Jan 29th 2005, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

our,s is coming over with us , white good,s are quite expensive in oz ,if you have e-bay go to the home page and click on the australia link, it,s not as popular as it is over here but you can get a jist of thing,s. in the past i typed australian shop,s into goggle and it came up with several option,s shop,s like cole,s , wollies etc
Old Jan 29th 2005, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by karenjc
our,s is coming over with us , white good,s are quite expensive in oz ,if you have e-bay go to the home page and click on the australia link, it,s not as popular as it is over here but you can get a jist of thing,s. in the past i typed australian shop,s into goggle and it came up with several option,s shop,s like cole,s , wollies etc
Try this it gives you an idea, white goods seem the same as here.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 8:46 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gjn200
Try this it gives you an idea, white goods seem the same as here.
Bring it with you.

You'll find having a tumble drier in Perth is a waste of tme for 8 months of the year and a lifesaver for the other 4
Old Jan 29th 2005, 8:54 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Granger
I don't know whether to take my front loader tumble dryer to Perth or not . It only cost £100 and is very very good, only 1.5 years old. I thought because it was so cheap I should leave and buy one over there, but I can't seem to find many on the oz web sites, and if I do they don't show prices. Have done a search on here and can't find this answer anywhere. Anyone know how much one would cost (don't mind front or top loader)? And also any good web pages for finding out prices of household stuff. I'm beginning to think that in oz most people don't buy online!
Yes bring it...we have just had a week of rain and it was a nightmare trying to get stuff dried even inside, cos of the humidity.....I went to buy a dryer but the cheapest $400 and it was only 4.5kg load....and they were pretty shitty even the Fisher&Paykel ones
Old Jan 29th 2005, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

Originally Posted by biggy
Yes bring it...we have just had a week of rain and it was a nightmare trying to get stuff dried even inside, cos of the humidity.....I went to buy a dryer but the cheapest $400 and it was only 4.5kg load....and they were pretty shitty even the Fisher&Paykel ones
That's what verandahs are for. I have lived in OZ for decades and nver had a tumble drier or felt underprivileged for not having one.

Let's keep the green house gases down. Aren't they high enough already? A trip to the line helps boost the Oz tan.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 10:29 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
I went to buy a dryer but the cheapest $400 and it was only 4.5kg load..
wow, ours was about $260. dont ask me what kind or the load or even what it looks like. i havent been to that part of the house yet
Old Jan 29th 2005, 11:50 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Granger
The Good Guys have Tumble dryers on their web site. Westinghouse 3.5kg for $299 but less for cash, so about $262 for cash. (I normally get about 12.5% cash discount these days)

Old Jan 30th 2005, 12:00 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
The Good Guys have Tumble dryers on their web site. Westinghouse 3.5kg for $299 but less for cash, so about $262 for cash. (I normally get about 12.5% cash discount these days)
there u go, ABC to the rescue once again
Old Jan 31st 2005, 2:31 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Banksia
That's what verandahs are for. I have lived in OZ for decades and nver had a tumble drier or felt underprivileged for not having one.

Let's keep the green house gases down. Aren't they high enough already? A trip to the line helps boost the Oz tan.
I dont want to buy one...I am totally against the bloody things.........verandahs are ok for drying when the rain isnt blowing sideways and its blowing a friggin gale I was gutted when I moved here and didnt have a washing line ....got one of them big whirlie thingies now!!!
Old Jan 31st 2005, 6:06 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

I have been in Perth since last August and although bought my tumble have not had to use it. Will keep hold of it for now, but if you have container space bring it

Jenny