Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Price rise ouch!

Price rise ouch!

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Price rise ouch!

Just got a file out from 2000 lots of receipts etc.

Petrol 62C litre now around the 90c depending on which fuel you take.

Health cover $122 per month just gone up to $185 per month and less inclusions to boot.

Grocery shopping (cue laughter) $148 week!! now between $200/250

House (do not wet yourself) $185,000 sold for $530,000 last month.

car insurance $330 now $462

leccy bill $227 for three months, now a mysterious $489 but we did add pool and AC but essential really considering climate for 8 months of the year.

So how come inflations in single figures
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

:scared: Hey Dotty - you can be godmother to the new arrival!!

I wonder if anyone in Uk has got similar receipts. I have seem prices here steadily go up a lot since when we first came out on holiday. The competition in retail in UK meant our shopping bill was actually getting cheaper, well maybe not - we were sepnding the difference on extra goodies but you know what I mean.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 2:16 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

CPI (2000 June = 100)

Based on:
Measures of Consumer Price Inflation
Attached Thumbnails Price rise ouch!-cpi.jpg  
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 2:41 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: Price rise ouch!

Originally posted by dotty

Brilliant price increase!! Good on yeh!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Boy did we notice a difference between starting this thing to getting here.

Property and land prices doubled in eighteen months although to be fair ourt budget wasn't as high as we'd hoped.

Having said that we are much better off as we don't have the mortgage, fuel costs or child care to worry about
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 11:21 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Nibbs
Boy did we notice a difference between starting this thing to getting here.

Property and land prices doubled in eighteen months although to be fair ourt budget wasn't as high as we'd hoped.

Having said that we are much better off as we don't have the mortgage, fuel costs or child care to worry about
My medical insurance has gone up form $170 a month to $190.

My car insurance has gone up from $350 to $425

If it keeps going up like this it will be on a par with "rip off Britain"
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 11:32 pm
nesub

Default Re: Price rise ouch!

[QUOTE

So how come inflations in single figures [/QUOTE]

Yes I must admit I feel the same in Blighty. How is UK inflation at under 2%, when houses have doubled in price in 3 years, council tax up by 40% in 3 years, water rates up by 10% a year on average etc etc.

It seems that most Western countries are having to deal with the rising cost of living compared to average earnings, whilst putting up with self serving politicians and their civil service minions giving out bulls$£t figures to the masses.

Still I see your point Dotty, let the dreaming pommie immos realise that Oz is not immune from the prices hikes that we suffer in the UK.

Good luck on returning by the way