Price of Petrol

Old Oct 12th 2004, 7:01 am
ABCDiamond

Default Price of Petrol

I was absolutely sure that today was going to be the day that I would post that I had paid over $1 a litre for petrol, for the first time in this country. BUT.... it didn't happen. I filled up today for 92.9c a litre. The pump price was 96.9c but I had my supermarket voucher (having spent $30+ in Woolworths, sometime in the last 4 weeks) so I got it cheaper

I wonder when the $1 day will come for me. ?

Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Price of Petrol

Makes a change from lettuces.

Lesley
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:28 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I was absolutely sure that today was going to be the day that I would post that I had paid over $1 a litre for petrol, for the first time in this country. BUT.... it didn't happen. I filled up today for 92.9c a litre. The pump price was 96.9c but I had my supermarket voucher (having spent $30+ in Woolworths, sometime in the last 4 weeks) so I got it cheaper

Just looking through my accounts and since we arrived almost a yr ago diesel has gone from 78 cents a litre to $1.01 a litre
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:41 am
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough

Hi ABCD

Don't complain too much. In the UK we're looking at plus 80p per litre which is c. $2 per litre!

Cheers

GLR
Old Oct 12th 2004, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by GLR
Hi ABCD

Don't complain too much. In the UK we're looking at plus 80p per litre which is c. $2 per litre!

Cheers

GLR
Yep, it's going up slowly. Diesel is 84.7p at our local station
Petrol just a shade cheaper.

However if your running something like a Holden Commodore 5.7 over in Aus, then it's probably costing about the same to run as a Renault Clio 1.2 over here.

I know which one I'd rather drive. The Avatar is a clue
Old Oct 12th 2004, 11:38 am
ABCDiamond

My wife got home about 30 minutes after I did that first post, she paid 103.5c per litre !!!
If she had used the same petrol station that I did, she could have saved enough to have bought a "lettuce" aswell

When I first came out in 1986, I think I was paying 35c litre

Stewie, you may be surprised, but many of us drive the standard 2.0 litre cars over here.

Old Oct 12th 2004, 12:17 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Queensland don't tax the petrol there as much as they do here.... always a dollar a litre now.... sucks but is shitloads cheaper than when i fill up when i go country..... $1.57 a litre hurts

Last edited by Siren; Oct 12th 2004 at 1:44 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 12:20 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife got home about 30 minutes after I did that first post, she paid 103.5c per litre !!!
If she had used the same petrol station that I did, she could have saved enough to have bought a "lettuce" aswell

When I first came out in 1986, I think I was paying 35c litre

Stewie, you may be surprised, but many of us drive the standard 2.0 litre cars over here.
Switch to LPG - it costs me around 45c per litre !!! I have an old Ford Falcon Ute with a 4.1 litre engine - good job I have a LPG converter.

Mr IrishMolly.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Hi ABC

Arghhh! No don't tell me that, I need a Holden. Not a Barina either.

Daughter has a Commodore VT...I'll borrow that when we eventually get there.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

mel and paul is an unknown quantity at this point

Arh stewie, you sound just like me, i NEED 8 cylinders. Got my play car which im takin and that has 8cyls so why not one for everyday use