Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The price of a kitchen-Australia...

The price of a kitchen-Australia...

Old Dec 4th 2007, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of
Default The price of a kitchen-Australia...

Can anyone let me know how much on average I can expect to pay for a new kitchen ? Nothing flash, not huge but I want to replace the bodge job someone has done in my new house were none of the cupboards line up, close properly etc !

Oh and if anyone has any recommendations of anyone that can help on the Sunshine Coast I would be most grateful !
Old Dec 4th 2007, 2:24 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The price of a kitchen-Australia...

Originally Posted by melaniee
Can anyone let me know how much on average I can expect to pay for a new kitchen ? Nothing flash, not huge but I want to replace the bodge job someone has done in my new house were none of the cupboards line up, close properly etc !

Oh and if anyone has any recommendations of anyone that can help on the Sunshine Coast I would be most grateful !
Kinda depends on how big you want it, the configuration, materials used, and the type/brands of appliances, doesn't it? Get several quotes.
Tried Yellow Pages?
Old Dec 4th 2007, 2:25 am

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

PS, have you PM'd a Mod to delete the other one?
Old Dec 4th 2007, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

We're waiting on exact quote but around $10-12k PLUS appliances, mainly drawers, reconstituted stone tops plus any tiling, electrics needed.
with a reputable company, not your mfi type cowboys !
HTH

Andy
Old Dec 4th 2007, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by cadman
We're waiting on exact quote but around $10-12k PLUS appliances, mainly drawers, reconstituted stone tops plus any tiling, electrics needed.
HTH

Andy
Are they goldplated cupboards and drawers or do you have a humungous kitchen?
Old Dec 4th 2007, 2:45 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cadman
HTH

Andy
That sounds about right. Ours was $15k no appliances or splashbacks. All in (include trades) we spent just shy of $25k and it isn't big at all. Pic attached, although it isn't quite finished yet.
Attached Thumbnails The price of a kitchen-Australia...-renovations-079.jpg  
Old Dec 4th 2007, 2:52 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by northernbird
That sounds about right. Ours was $15k no appliances or splashbacks. All in (include trades) we spent just shy of $25k and it isn't big at all. Pic attached, although it isn't quite finished yet.
Poshbird!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 2:55 am
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

We've renovated back in the Uk and over here and find the kitchens to be much cheeper and better quality and that is made to measure not 1000 bases or 500 bases from MFI or B&Q.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

oooo-that looks lovely. Shame I don't live in Perth anymore

Thank you-will get some quotes but trying to get an idea of cost-we had not planned to put a new kitchen in-until we moved in and realised just how bad it is !

Old Dec 4th 2007, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

They must have seen it-can't find it now ! Thanks Mods !

Originally Posted by The Bloke
PS, have you PM'd a Mod to delete the other one?
Old Dec 4th 2007, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

SBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really nice

I can quote you...new,reno or replace
Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

If you mean new as in newly consturcted then the tradesmen responsible for fitting/supplying it would be held responsible for its repair/replacement under their licence obligations. Contact the builder, all the tradesman working for him should have provided licence, ditto for kitchen manufacturers. Put your complaint in writing, give them 14 days then put it in writng to the BSA.

The much whinged about licence is your warranty.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:34 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Poshbird!
don't think so, I am about as un-posh (is that a word) as they come.

oooo-that looks lovely. Shame I don't live in Perth anymore
Can't see the prices being too much different over east, in fact due to Perths isolation you may find east being cheaper.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah I know, just looked like they did a good job ! Tradies are just as un-reliable here as they are in Perth-actually from the experience this week they are even more laid back

Can't see the prices being too much different over east, in fact due to Perths isolation you may find east being cheaper.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

mmm-might have a lot of jobs for you ! Can you PM me your details !

Originally Posted by SBOZ
I can quote you...new,reno or replace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.