Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Price of Food in Australia

The Price of Food in Australia

Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:37 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Price of Food in Australia

Originally Posted by Aussiepeter
Infact we still have this meal as it is really tasty.

Well I hope you froze it...
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:40 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by jayr
I also like those Red Deals where it's like "Coffee $11.89, save 26c!"...
I prefer the Coffee one in this weeks Woolworths catalogue: $4.48 save $2.79

Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:45 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I prefer the Coffee one in this weeks Woolworths catalogue: $4.48 save $2.79

My wife recently bought five of those Optus ringtone things where you get two ringtones per pack (why she needs them I have no idea). Normal price $3.99, she paid 1c each - a 99.75% saving!
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:47 am
ABCDiamond

My wife recently bought five of those Optus ringtone things where you get two ringtones per pack (why she needs them I have no idea). Normal price $3.99, she paid 1c each - a 99.75% saving!
What do people do with ringtones ?

Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:50 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Flog them to people with nothing else to do
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:50 am
Karma Comedian

At 1c a pop they can do what they like...
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:51 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Annoy people?
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:58 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Use them to make alot of noise?

I went shopping this morning - of course I forgot Dagboy's list, the only ones I could remember were milk, bread & chicken breast fillets. Pretty clever, since I suggested most of the things on the list .
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

mamichelle is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
No, the Japanese are actually importing Aussie beef, because its the only beef they trust now. Canada and US have BSE to a tiny extent,but you know how hysteria works.

Cheers,
JTL
Yeah but Aussie beef if the cheap stuff in Japan.... That is what made me laugh! Aussie beef is yum!
Old Jan 20th 2005, 5:20 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Japanese chefs are not overly keen on the Aussie beef. I believe Japan is getting ready to restart US beef imports. Kobe beef attracts the highest price in Japan. That is the stuff where they feed the cows what they want and reward them with beer and massages. The meat looks fatty however the streaks melt into the meat making it very soft and tender.

The high end British beef is excellent quality however the stuff in the supermarkets is crap and overpriced. Aberdeen Angus beef from scotland was used by Michelin starred restaurants before the BSE crisis.

The good thing about Aussie beef is that it is good value but the drought has had an impact on quality.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 5:23 am
Karma Comedian

Originally Posted by bondipom
Japanese chefs are not overly keen on the Aussie beef..
Did you see Ironchef the other night where the main ingredient was turkey? WTF??
Old Jan 20th 2005, 5:25 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you see Ironchef the other night where the main ingredient was turkey? WTF??
I missed that one. The best one I remember was the Tuna battle. Both chefs headed straight for the eyeballs.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 5:25 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Japanese chefs are not overly keen on the Aussie beef. I believe Japan is getting ready to restart US beef imports. Kobe beef attracts the highest price in Japan. That is the stuff where they feed the cows what they want and reward them with beer and massages. The meat looks fatty however the streaks melt into the meat making it very soft and tender.

The high end British beef is excellent quality however the stuff in the supermarkets is crap and overpriced. Aberdeen Angus beef from scotland was used by Michelin starred restaurants before the BSE crisis.

The good thing about Aussie beef is that it is good value but the drought has had an impact on quality.
Kobe beef has to be the best steak in the world!

Andrew
Old Jan 20th 2005, 5:27 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing to do with food but FYI, the medical industry I am in that has been around since Flemming invented Penicillin is worth an estimated US$23bn.
Ring tone business that have been around for just about 5 years now are estimated to be worth over US$75bn.
Useless fact but shows clearly I am in the wrong profession!

Andrew
Old Jan 20th 2005, 5:28 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

That is the stuff where they feed the cows what they want and reward them with beer and massages.
When I die I want to come back as one of those cows! How much karma do I need for that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.