Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The price of fish

The price of fish

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 7:57 am
Just Joined

Grumps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The price of fish

Does anybody know what is needed when fishing. A Rod obviously. But what else? A rod license, day ticket etc.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:03 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Grumps, that depends on where you fish! You will have to give us more info
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, lets think, group of friends, lots of beer, good lunch, sun-hat, rose-tinted specs to make the little fish look bigger than they really are..........
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:10 am
Just Joined

All I would like to do is walk the riverbanks and use lures. In the Adelaide area is probable. I would like to find out about the laws on all these things and where I could get the relavent licences. If you know a good website then that would be a starting point.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:14 am
Just Joined

Pollyana.

Why u a witchy member an all the stuff about witches? Are you part of some covern
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:20 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, one of life's great mysteries Grumps..... but I did depart Heathrow for Brisbane on a heavily laden broomstick on Hallowe'en...... having predicted I would be met at the other end by a tall Australian who would sweep me off my feet and marry me within 3 months ..... (actually its got to be within 3 months or my visa runs out, so nowt mysterious about that bit!!)
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:29 am
Just Joined

Interesting. No metaphysical links to the dark side then. Just a bit of a ruse.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:32 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Polly LOL. We planning on going out tommorrow but its gonna be a bit windy, so have changed it to Sunday. Taking a friend out for her birthday (which was yesterday actually). Better late than never.

Grumps, thats the info needed, all states have different laws regarding fishing & some need licences, some dont, depends on whether you are fishing freshwater/saltwater etc. I'll have a look & see what I can find for you .
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:33 am
Home and Happy

Hmm, you must come up and see my crystal ball sometime......
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:37 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Grumps
Pollyana.

Why u a witchy member an all the stuff about witches? Are you part of some covern
Do not worry Pollyana is not the wicked witch of the west. As far as I am aware no one has had a bad spell cast over them.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:54 am
Rocket Scientist

Here you go Grumps.

Recreational fishing in South Australia
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 9:26 am
Just Joined

Mrs DB

Thanks a bundle.

Witchy

I'd love to.

Anyway goto go. C u l8r.

Grumps

Old Jan 2nd 2004, 10:06 am
Home and Happy

no one has had a bad spell cast over them.
.......................yet:scared:
be afraid, oh shipping company, be very afraid.....
:scared:

Pollyana

PS Don't worry Grumps, "normal" forum members are quite safe!! See ya next time
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

scottm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Grumps
All I would like to do is walk the riverbanks and use lures. In the Adelaide area is probable. I would like to find out about the laws on all these things and where I could get the relavent licences. If you know a good website then that would be a starting point.

Grumps, have a look at these sites, they have all the info you need.

http://www.fishnet.com.au/

http://www.fishsa.com/index.php

Scottm