Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Price of education in Perth

Price of education in Perth

Old Jul 28th 2006, 10:18 am
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Price of education in Perth

Hi, I know this is a bit late to be asking this as we fly out on 9th August :scared: (and absolutely bricking it by the way!)
can anyone let us know what you pay ( if you don't mind!) for educating your children, we have a 10yr old and 16, who would be going to college here, she is hoping to go to TAFE and get an apprenticeship if possible, our girls are catholic school educated, and I would like to carry this on for the youngest if we can afford it!
I am so scared, just having panic attack after the other at the moment, I keep seeing scary threads about people hating it there, and the cost of houses, not good wages, and its all getting a bit too much, especially when I see my friends and family, this past 2 weeks since our leaving do have been surreal, and I don't like it!
some TLC needed !!!
Old Jul 28th 2006, 11:28 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Price of education in Perth

Originally Posted by soonbethere
Hi, I know this is a bit late to be asking this as we fly out on 9th August :scared: (and absolutely bricking it by the way!)
can anyone let us know what you pay ( if you don't mind!) for educating your children, we have a 10yr old and 16, who would be going to college here, she is hoping to go to TAFE and get an apprenticeship if possible, our girls are catholic school educated, and I would like to carry this on for the youngest if we can afford it!
I am so scared, just having panic attack after the other at the moment, I keep seeing scary threads about people hating it there, and the cost of houses, not good wages, and its all getting a bit too much, especially when I see my friends and family, this past 2 weeks since our leaving do have been surreal, and I don't like it!
some TLC needed !!!
Catholic education is reasonably cheap, we pay about $4k a year for the daughter. It's heavily subsidised by the church.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Price of education in Perth

Originally Posted by soonbethere
some TLC needed !!!

Hi

My girls go to Private School and by the time they are in Senior School the fees I believe will be about $4K each.

As for what scary story's other people say on here, remember there are people that have come as well and think its great. Why dont you pm Kris Maynard she has been here since April, I spoke to her only last week and she is very happy.

You need to see for yourself

HTH

K