Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Previous Plumbing info

Previous Plumbing info

Old Mar 27th 2004, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

CUEBALL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Previous Plumbing info

Have posted this topic in the nz immigration forum and now posting it in here. Hoping for some info PLEASE.
I have read quite a few threads of more experienced Plumbers (without mentioning names...still new to these sites) wanting to emmigrate and allready there. I wish i had a quarter of your knowledge........ but ah well here goes

Without wanting to offend, the more experienced Plumbers out there, i am looking for some info, Please.
Building trade most of adult life, mainly bits of everything. Carpentry, building maintenance etc.
Currently working as a Plumber 4 years in the trade. i.e every day Plumbing.
Plumbing certificates NVQ2. No GAS cert`s.
What Realsitic chance do i have, to emigrate to NZ.
From various sources i have been told 6 plus years exeperience and at least level 3 NVQ. I would welcome any comments or P**S taking.
Also would welcome any information from Plumbers working in NZ, what differences are they with Plumbing in NZ compared to the UK.
With many thanks.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 2:04 am
Just Joined

BulletproofMonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Previous Plumbing info

Originally posted by CUEBALL
Have posted this topic in the nz immigration forum and now posting it in here. Hoping for some info PLEASE.
I have read quite a few threads of more experienced Plumbers (without mentioning names...still new to these sites) wanting to emmigrate and allready there. I wish i had a quarter of your knowledge........ but ah well here goes

Without wanting to offend, the more experienced Plumbers out there, i am looking for some info, Please.
Building trade most of adult life, mainly bits of everything. Carpentry, building maintenance etc.
Currently working as a Plumber 4 years in the trade. i.e every day Plumbing.
Plumbing certificates NVQ2. No GAS cert`s.
What Realsitic chance do i have, to emigrate to NZ.
From various sources i have been told 6 plus years exeperience and at least level 3 NVQ. I would welcome any comments or P**S taking.
Also would welcome any information from Plumbers working in NZ, what differences are they with Plumbing in NZ compared to the UK.
With many thanks.

Hey Cueball,

This was my plan for 2007, but I think requirements are more biased towards job offers in NZ.

If you take a look at the NZ Immigrations Occupational Shortlist Priority list, plumbers are mentioned.

Take a look at the OSP for the Canterbury region by clicking here and scrolling down the PDF list to plumbing.

Hope this is helpful.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

CUEBALL is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow

Thanks very much for the response bulletproofmonk.
Looks like i need to get my gas cert.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 1:22 am
Just Joined

BulletproofMonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by CUEBALL
Thanks very much for the response bulletproofmonk.
Looks like i need to get my gas cert.
Only too willing to be of help Cueball.
Good luck on your NVQ3 & Gas Cert.

BM