Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

previous medical history??

previous medical history??

Old Apr 25th 2002, 8:41 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default previous medical history??

Hi gang
Another question regarding medicals....

If any member of the family has had an investigation for something..which has turned out to be normal...will the dr performing the medical take it on my say so that it was ok? or would it be best to take a copy of the hospital letter explaining so that was sent to my gp????....IF I can get hold of it/them???

Cheers

thanks in advance

Yvonne
Old Apr 25th 2002, 11:36 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: previous medical history??

Can you give an example - the medical forms ask for you to disclose a lot of history prior to taking the medical because the medical isn't going to find out for example about a prior hospital visit 10 years ago. So if you had a certain test and it turned out negative then it isn't a condition but it might come under the previous admission to hospital question if you spent time admitted to hospital.

Are you using an agent - they should be able to provide you with the medical form so you can check out the type of questions asked. You used to be able to request the medical forms from the London High Commision site - but I had trouble with the email request and never got a reply, I think I remember an earlier thread in this NG that talked about what to do? Anyone help with this?

From a personal view point medical quesions are hard to answer as we all have very different histories and although there are similarities I believe this is one of the suck and see areas. The questions asked aren't hard but we needed our computerised medical notes before we were happy we answered all the relevent questions including dates of admittances to hospital.

- chin up, cheeks together!
Old Apr 26th 2002, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Because I had a major operation 4 years ago and my son a minor one more recently, I asked the GP to write a letter confirming that all has been well with us both since. He wrote the letter and attached copies of our computerised records and charged £12.50 for doing so. And guess what? At the medical the doctor didn't even ask to see it! He just took my word for it that we were both ok.
Old Apr 26th 2002, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Snap Jacqui
We had to get computerized prints as we all had one thing and another done in hospital over the years,and he said yes thats ok and really didnt look at them . I think as none of them were anything serious then they dont need to follow it up etc, its just all the paying out thats a pain especially as we are trying hard to save.
Joanne
Old Apr 26th 2002, 9:00 pm
George Lombard

Hi Guys,

Since March it has been possible to download forms 160A and 26A from the DIMIA
website, and although these forms are only for use in Australia, they clearly show
the content of the medical examination. I think that Jacqui took the right approach;
another doctor might not have believed her, and an undisclosed condition or diagnosis
would be very difficult to explain later...

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au jopaulss wrote in message
<[email protected]>...
    >Snap Jacqui We had to get computerized prints as we all had one thing and another
    >done in hospital over the years,and he said yes thats ok and really didnt look at
    >them . I think as none of them were anything serious then they dont need to follow
    >it up etc, its just all the paying out thats a pain especially as we are trying hard
    >to save. Joanne
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 26th 2002, 9:16 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks george
Ive got a better idea now!!!

Yvonne