Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Presidential Card

The Presidential Card

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 5:07 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Question The Presidential Card

When i was in Ozzie house today i picked up some ozzie papers. One of the things offered was this

http://www.presidentialcard.com.au/

and i was wondering if anyone had one and thought it was good value for £25.

It covers every state and in Victoria even covers all the national trust properties.

Last edited by hevs; Sep 23rd 2003 at 5:14 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 5:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

We have some friends who have a similar scheme - they actually get a voucher book sent through every so often, and reckon its good value as long as you like to eat out and shop! (and who doesn't!). There are discounts in lots of restaurants, and not just top of the range ones, and on places like the amusement parks on the Gold Coast. I think that it probably is good value, but there are other schemes too - might be as well to wait till you get to Melbourne (HORRAAAYYYY!!!!!) and then have a look at the different ones around and what they each offer.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

The Entertainment Book http://www.entertainmentbook.com.au/ are very popular with the people I work with in Sydney CBD. Basically a book of vouchers with money off. People swap the ones they don’t use with other people. Seems pretty good value if you go out a lot.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 3:20 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dracupg
The Entertainment Book http://www.entertainmentbook.com.au/ are very popular with the people I work with in Sydney CBD. Basically a book of vouchers with money off. People swap the ones they don’t use with other people. Seems pretty good value if you go out a lot.
Yup I have the entertainment book - nope do not go out a lot but get our use out of it in other ways. Many of the schools sell the books to parents etc to raise funds for the school. There are free video hire etc and dry cleaning etc. They are specific to areas in Sydney, eg we get the North Shore one, still has some main Sydney CBD places in it. And I think the same happens in the other major cities.

Worth buying once to see if you get the full price paid back in discounts, then you can get one every year if desired, we have managed this - couple of meals and videos and drycleaning.

The work swop thing is a good idea.

Cheers Sandra