Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

prescrptions..pre-pay certs???

prescrptions..pre-pay certs???

Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:52 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default prescrptions..pre-pay certs???

Hi i have just been checdking online that i can get my meds in oz..which i can. Its going to cost about $50 a month if i get from online pharmancy (so just a rough calc). Thats for 2 items.

Can u get a pre-pay thing like in uk where u pay a set amount and it covers u for say 6 months??
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: prescriptions..pre-pay certs???

Never heard of that... I do get rebates on certain medications which cost more than the government-set amount from my health care fund (extras cover).

You might try Chemist Warehouse or epharmacy.com.au for the cheapest price. They are usually a lot cheaper than other chemists.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 11:06 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: prescrptions..pre-pay certs???

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
Hi i have just been checdking online that i can get my meds in oz..which i can. Its going to cost about $50 a month if i get from online pharmancy (so just a rough calc). Thats for 2 items.

Can u get a pre-pay thing like in uk where u pay a set amount and it covers u for say 6 months??
Unfortunately not, but there is a similar programme called the PBS Safety Net:

If you or your family need a lot of medicine in a calendar year, the PBS Safety Net helps you with the cost of your medicine. Once you or your family reach a safety net threshold, you can apply for a PBS Safety Net card––your PBS medicine will be less expensive or free† for the rest of the calendar year.
Click here to learn more.

Old Feb 23rd 2008, 11:43 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: prescriptions..pre-pay certs???

Originally Posted by augigi
Never heard of that... I do get rebates on certain medications which cost more than the government-set amount from my health care fund (extras cover).

You might try Chemist Warehouse or epharmacy.com.au for the cheapest price. They are usually a lot cheaper than other chemists.
thanks it was epharmacy i looked at so i guess its going to be dearer in a walkin pharmacy
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 11:43 am
looking for my marbles

Default Re: prescrptions..pre-pay certs???

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Unfortunately not, but there is a similar programme called the PBS Safety Net:

If you or your family need a lot of medicine in a calendar year, the PBS Safety Net helps you with the cost of your medicine. Once you or your family reach a safety net threshold, you can apply for a PBS Safety Net card––your PBS medicine will be less expensive or free† for the rest of the calendar year.
Click here to learn more.

thanks will take a look