Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Prescriptions:do we stock up

Prescriptions:do we stock up

Old Sep 18th 2002, 9:34 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prescriptions:do we stock up

hi all,

talking of stock piling, from a practice nurses point of view....be careful you dont order your scripts too often cos they may refuse them...some computer systems tell the person who is printing them off 'this is being overused, please enter a reason'.....it may be queried

just a thought....sorry to be a bore!!
Old Sep 19th 2002, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point

the pill stockpile
dont you girlys worry to much when us boys get out there we will have to much other things to do to worry about that old sex thing you blackmail us with at the moment.
what with our new big car, boats jet skis, oh and a strange thing called a rumpus room which sounds like great fun.
then theres are new work buddies to go out drinking with.
ozzy rules footy that we must attend and learn about so we can hold down a decent conversation, all the other sports we must watch on t.v for the same reason.
then theres the new motorbike or quad bike if you get a decent size bit of land.
not to mention making friends around the local area.
so sex oh you want it now do ya might have time for a quick one somtime

Old Sep 19th 2002, 3:43 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Mrs Baldbutts:
Hello every one,thought it was about time I posted to prove there's one sane one in the family (just)

Our son has mild asthma and eczema,nothing serious,but he uses certain lotions an potions available readily over here.
Mark (Baldbutts) has been searching to see if any past threads say if Medicare prescribes this for next to nothing or should we stock up now and take it en masse in the container as we get them for free here.
I have been watching this forum for a few weeks now-so fully expect a couple of answers telling us that Australia has the highest known cases of asthma & eczemza in the world so don't bother coming!
Any other answers will be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully post more soon
Jan
you can get Hydrocortisone Prescription free, If it's only 1% hdrocrtisone in the cream, a chemist will give it you, over that dose you need a doctors Prescription . I suffer with eczema on my hands... quite bad at times. Anyway it costs $7.95 AU (about 3 pounds) from behind the chemist counter... no Prescription needed.

Dermaid is the brand I've got at the moment... 30g for $7.95 if that's any help... 1 per cent Hydrocortisone... this is the strongest a chemist will give you... Normally I need prescriptions, but I was caught short, it was a weekend, and had to rely on the chemist... it's the strongest which she could give me without a prescription

Plus just another point, I don't think you can stockpile, there are laws about bringing drugs into Australia, unless it's "just to get you by"... you can't bring in a container of medicine

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Sep 19th 2002 at 4:15 pm.