Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Prescription Charges

Prescription Charges

Old Mar 23rd 2012, 9:58 pm
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Prescription Charges

Originally Posted by Grayling
I have been here on a parent visa for a few years.

Parents are entitled to the same rights as any other PR visa holder.

You seemed to be suggesting that, somehow, parents had less rights than other PR holders which is incorrect.

The AOS is for 10 years by the way......medical expenses do not affect it.
You seem to be implying that a pr visa is a mystical cornucopia that spews out money and benefits. Must have missed that meeting....

An AoS lasts for:

10 years for contributory parent visa holders
two years for all other visa types where an AoS is needed.

Sigh.... if you bothered to read the first post instead of being generally unhelpful you would see they are on a 103 vise which is 2 years.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 10:00 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benny the ball
You seem to be implying that a pr visa is a mystical cornucopia that spews out money and benefits. Must have missed that meeting....
Not at all......where did I say that?

I was simply pointing out that parent visa holders have the same rights as any other PR visa holder.....and are entitled to the same medicare benefits

Last edited by Grayling; Mar 23rd 2012 at 10:03 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 10:12 pm
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Grayling
Not at all

I was simply pointing out that parent visa holders have the same rights as any other PR visa holder.
I wasnt disagreeing just pointing out those rights may not entitle you to as much as people think. The circumstances or each individual are different and tested as such. The cost for the op's specific meds has been discussed via pm.
There are a lot of elderly Australians here who despite full 'medicare rights' and the same 'rights as any pr visa holder' simply cannot afford all their medication and have to prioritise which to buy.

Last edited by benny the ball; Mar 23rd 2012 at 10:14 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2012, 4:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benny the ball
I wasnt disagreeing just pointing out those rights may not entitle you to as much as people think. The circumstances or each individual are different and tested as such. The cost for the op's specific meds has been discussed via pm.
There are a lot of elderly Australians here who despite full 'medicare rights' and the same 'rights as any pr visa holder' simply cannot afford all their medication and have to prioritise which to buy.
In a lot of cases though that has nothing to do with the visa - many Australians are in the same boat.