Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Prescription allowance on leaving UK??

Prescription allowance on leaving UK??

Old Mar 20th 2006, 4:50 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Prescription allowance on leaving UK??

I'm sure I have read somewhere that on leaving UK you are allowed to request from your GP 3 months of prescription medication. Have I imagined this? Can't find it via search.

Anyone any ideas, please?

J
Old Mar 20th 2006, 4:57 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prescription allowance on leaving UK??

Originally Posted by Rooksie
I'm sure I have read somewhere that on leaving UK you are allowed to request from your GP 3 months of prescription medication. Have I imagined this? Can't find it via search.

J
It was discussed on this thread hun... http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=prescription
Old Mar 20th 2006, 4:57 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

J
It is 3 months of medication, got a case load of insulin and needles to take.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 5:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paulf
It is 3 months of medication, got a case load of insulin and needles to take.

I'm not sure our GP's receptionist is as on the ball as yours mate!!??? dont suppose you got a link that categorically states this by any chance
Old Mar 20th 2006, 5:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
It was discussed on this thread hun... http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=prescription
thanks mate - nothing like leaving it til the last minute eh
Old Mar 20th 2006, 5:05 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks mate - nothing like leaving it til the last minute eh
Old Mar 20th 2006, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

My GP gave me 6 months worth... but that was for the contraceptive pill so was just a normal prescription's amount. However, I only took 3 months' in with me last month... and will be taking the rest of it in when I fly back next month lol
Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:25 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

J
Not sure about this but have just remembered that Singapore have VERY strict rules on which prescription medicine you are allowed to bring in to the country. Some medication, Diazepam for instance (prescribed to me for fear of flying) is classified as a controlled substance in Singapore. I had to have a letter of authorisation issued by the Centre for Drug Administration, Health Services Authority, Singapore to present to customs.

For the rest of my medication (thyroxine and beta blockers) I had to bring a doctors letter and carry no more than 3 months supply.

I have no idea which other prescribed drugs are considered controlled substances so to get clarification I recommend you ring or fax them to find out just to be absolutely sure.

fax (65) 64789068
tel (65) 68663513

Obviously ignore all the above if you're no longer flying Singapore Airlines. I'm not sure about other countries but I know codeine is illegal in Dubai.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 7:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The A Team
Not sure about this but have just remembered that Singapore have VERY strict rules on which prescription medicine you are allowed to bring in to the country. Some medication, Diazepam for instance (prescribed to me for fear of flying) is classified as a controlled substance in Singapore. I had to have a letter of authorisation issued by the Centre for Drug Administration, Health Services Authority, Singapore to present to customs.

For the rest of my medication (thyroxine and beta blockers) I had to bring a doctors letter and carry no more than 3 months supply.

I have no idea which other prescribed drugs are considered controlled substances so to get clarification I recommend you ring or fax them to find out just to be absolutely sure.

fax (65) 64789068
tel (65) 68663513

Obviously ignore all the above if you're no longer flying Singapore Airlines. I'm not sure about other countries but I know codeine is illegal in Dubai.

oh poop - thanks mate. i better check it out
Old Mar 20th 2006, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

fax (65) 64789068
tel (65) 68663513

My GP's surgery are being complete w@nkers about this at the moment! I sent a letter in requesting copies of the kids immunisation records and the 3 mth supply of prescription medications and the practice manager called me and said that they'd give one mths supply, but for anything extra I'd have to pay £12 for a private prescription (each person) then the private prescription cost for each medication! I am so angry with them I feel like complaining to someone! Can they do this?
Old Mar 20th 2006, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by glittababe
My GP's surgery are being complete w@nkers about this at the moment! I sent a letter in requesting copies of the kids immunisation records and the 3 mth supply of prescription medications and the practice manager called me and said that they'd give one mths supply, but for anything extra I'd have to pay £12 for a private prescription (each person) then the private prescription cost for each medication! I am so angry with them I feel like complaining to someone! Can they do this?

i found this mate:

http://www.dh.gov.uk/PolicyAndGuidan...421&chk=qv2fY/
Old Mar 20th 2006, 7:08 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure about this but have just remembered that Singapore have VERY strict rules on which prescription medicine you are allowed to bring in to the country.
If you are doing a stopover on route to Oz then any meds you have on you can pose a problem. But that's only if you're going through customs into Singapore. If you're just staying in the transit area of Singapore airport for a few hours (or even overnight in the transit hotel in Singapore airport), then you're not actually entering the country. You're not going through customs, and it therefore doesn't matter what meds you bring with you.

Gina
Old Mar 20th 2006, 7:11 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
If you are doing a stopover on route to Oz then any meds you have on you can pose a problem. But that's only if you're going through customs into Singapore. If you're just staying in the transit area of Singapore airport for a few hours (or even overnight in the transit hotel in Singapore airport), then you're not actually entering the country. You're not going through customs, and it therefore doesn't matter what meds you bring with you.

Gina
If I remember correctly Rooksie said she was staying in Singapore for a couple of days though
Old Mar 20th 2006, 7:25 pm
Account Closed

If I remember correctly Rooksie said she was staying in Singapore for a couple of days though

yep mate - possibly in a cell :scared:
Old Mar 20th 2006, 8:22 pm
Account Closed

for anyone interested:

http://www.hsa.gov.sg/html/consumer/...al_med.html#b1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.