British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Preschools in Kellyville Ridge, Sydney area? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/preschools-kellyville-ridge-sydney-area-685302/)

kronk Sep 14th 2010 11:46 am

Preschools in Kellyville Ridge, Sydney area?
 
Hi

We've just moved to Sydney six days ago (we're loving it!!) Been a bit hectic as expected but we'll be moving into our rental at Kellyville Ridge in a few weeks (we're currently in Castle Hill).

Suburbs in the Hills District seems relatively close to each other so was wondering if anyone could give any recommendations on preschools in the area? I'm not looking for long day care as I'm not going to be working, but my soon to be 4 year old daughter will start going stir crazy if she doesn't meet some little people (apart from her little sister) to play with soon!!

The ideal would be something from about 9-3pm and in Kellyville Ridge, Rouse Hill etc but would be grateful to hear recommendations if people have any.

Cheers for your input.

Kelly

touareg Sep 15th 2010 11:09 am

Re: Preschools in Kellyville Ridge, Sydney area?
 

Originally Posted by kronk (Post 8847088)
Hi

We've just moved to Sydney six days ago (we're loving it!!) Been a bit hectic as expected but we'll be moving into our rental at Kellyville Ridge in a few weeks (we're currently in Castle Hill).

Suburbs in the Hills District seems relatively close to each other so was wondering if anyone could give any recommendations on preschools in the area? I'm not looking for long day care as I'm not going to be working, but my soon to be 4 year old daughter will start going stir crazy if she doesn't meet some little people (apart from her little sister) to play with soon!!

The ideal would be something from about 9-3pm and in Kellyville Ridge, Rouse Hill etc but would be grateful to hear recommendations if people have any.

Cheers for your input.

Kelly

Hi Kelly
We too live in Kellyville Ridge and have been here for 19 months. I can really recommend 'The Berrypatch' in Kellyville Ridge, they also have one in Rouse Hill. I have been working at the Kellyville Ridge centre for over a year and prior to our arrival in Oz worked in a pre school for 3 years. I am very impressed with the purpose built centre and the facilities. If you would like to have a look around the centre just give them a call.
Hope this helps
Mrs Touareg

kronk Sep 15th 2010 11:37 pm

Re: Preschools in Kellyville Ridge, Sydney area?
 

Originally Posted by touareg (Post 8849755)
Hi Kelly
We too live in Kellyville Ridge and have been here for 19 months. I can really recommend 'The Berrypatch' in Kellyville Ridge, they also have one in Rouse Hill. I have been working at the Kellyville Ridge centre for over a year and prior to our arrival in Oz worked in a pre school for 3 years. I am very impressed with the purpose built centre and the facilities. If you would like to have a look around the centre just give them a call.
Hope this helps
Mrs Touareg

Many thanks for replying. I've drove past 'The Berrypatch' and the website is good as well but its long day care which is not really what I want. I think a 9-3pm would be best for my daughter so have to find a provider who does that, they all seem to be long day care though :ohmy:

touareg Sep 16th 2010 8:40 am

Re: Preschools in Kellyville Ridge, Sydney area?
 
Hi
Yes, they are all long day care centres and pre school combined here in Oz. In all truthfulness the pre school session really only last between 9am til 3pm, before and after is really free time and for parents who work. The Berry Patch work alongside the local schools and work towards getting the children ready for Kindergaten. I know the staff liase with the Primary school staff regularly. If you want more information ask to speak to Helen or Mel (Directors) and Adriana who runs the 'strawberries' pre school class.
Hope this helps
Regards

corfu Sep 16th 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Preschools in Kellyville Ridge, Sydney area?
 

Originally Posted by kronk (Post 8847088)
Hi

We've just moved to Sydney six days ago (we're loving it!!) Been a bit hectic as expected but we'll be moving into our rental at Kellyville Ridge in a few weeks (we're currently in Castle Hill).

Suburbs in the Hills District seems relatively close to each other so was wondering if anyone could give any recommendations on preschools in the area? I'm not looking for long day care as I'm not going to be working, but my soon to be 4 year old daughter will start going stir crazy if she doesn't meet some little people (apart from her little sister) to play with soon!!

The ideal would be something from about 9-3pm and in Kellyville Ridge, Rouse Hill etc but would be grateful to hear recommendations if people have any.

Cheers for your input.

Kelly

Hi Kelly

Glad you are settling in slowly. My family are due out in Sydney in December. I have been looking at the Hills District, particularly Kellyville and Kellyville Ridge for rentals. My husbands company are providing us with 4 weeks furnished accommodation whilst we find a rental.

I have a 4 year old boy who was due to start mainstream school here in the UK, but I have sent him back to pre-school, just didn't see the point of getting him settled then whisking him off to Sydney and starting again. Bit concerned about the pre-schools etc. would like them to be learning based. Although my son has only just turned 4 he was ready for the educational and fresh stimulation of school and worried that another year of pre-school will just bore him.

Would really appreciate it if you could keep me informed on what it is like to live in the Hills District when you get there and particularly if you have any luck finding pre-schools which are not long daycare, as I do not plan to work initially either.

Hope everything goes well, glad you are loving it already!!! I am a bit apprehensive about the whole thing at the moment and can't get motivated.

Good Luck and many thanks
Carmella

man_called_Horse Sep 16th 2010 1:33 pm

Re: Preschools in Kellyville Ridge, Sydney area?
 
Hey Cronk I don't know anything about Preschools but welcome to the Hills.

kronk Sep 18th 2010 12:19 am

Re: Preschools in Kellyville Ridge, Sydney area?
 

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse (Post 8852796)
Hey Cronk I don't know anything about Preschools but welcome to the Hills.

Thanks for that, all seems good so far!!:thumbsup:

kronk Sep 18th 2010 12:31 am

Re: Preschools in Kellyville Ridge, Sydney area?
 

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse (Post 8852796)
Hey Cronk I don't know anything about Preschools but welcome to the Hills.


Originally Posted by corfu (Post 8852618)
Hi Kelly

Glad you are settling in slowly. My family are due out in Sydney in December. I have been looking at the Hills District, particularly Kellyville and Kellyville Ridge for rentals. My husbands company are providing us with 4 weeks furnished accommodation whilst we find a rental.

I have a 4 year old boy who was due to start mainstream school here in the UK, but I have sent him back to pre-school, just didn't see the point of getting him settled then whisking him off to Sydney and starting again. Bit concerned about the pre-schools etc. would like them to be learning based. Although my son has only just turned 4 he was ready for the educational and fresh stimulation of school and worried that another year of pre-school will just bore him.

Would really appreciate it if you could keep me informed on what it is like to live in the Hills District when you get there and particularly if you have any luck finding pre-schools which are not long daycare, as I do not plan to work initially either.

Hope everything goes well, glad you are loving it already!!! I am a bit apprehensive about the whole thing at the moment and can't get motivated.

Good Luck and many thanks
Carmella

No probs Carmella. There is one called Kellyville Preschool thats 9-3 but I've just registered my girls at Castle Hill Preschool as the grounds are really good there, my kids loved running round there when we were shown round and additionally 2 people recommended this preschool to me.

Both preschools that I spoke to won't take my daughter till next term so she won't start till the summer holidays are over at end of Jan. Their 3 year old program is full so she can't start until end of Jan. If you're arriving in December, it may be an idea for you to enrol in preschools now as they're doing their enrolments for 2011 now. It costs $11 to enrol at Castle Hill preschool and if you don't like it when you arrive, you've only lost $11.

I was a bit concerned that she'd be going to a preschool in Castle Hill when we'll be living in Kellyville Ridge but its such a short drive between the two places and I'd rather send her to somewhere where I've had recommendations as well. Also, they said they've got kids that come from all over the Hills District.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Kelly

corfu Sep 25th 2010 6:52 pm

Re: Preschools in Kellyville Ridge, Sydney area?
 

Originally Posted by kronk (Post 8856748)
No probs Carmella. There is one called Kellyville Preschool thats 9-3 but I've just registered my girls at Castle Hill Preschool as the grounds are really good there, my kids loved running round there when we were shown round and additionally 2 people recommended this preschool to me.

Both preschools that I spoke to won't take my daughter till next term so she won't start till the summer holidays are over at end of Jan. Their 3 year old program is full so she can't start until end of Jan. If you're arriving in December, it may be an idea for you to enrol in preschools now as they're doing their enrolments for 2011 now. It costs $11 to enrol at Castle Hill preschool and if you don't like it when you arrive, you've only lost $11.

I was a bit concerned that she'd be going to a preschool in Castle Hill when we'll be living in Kellyville Ridge but its such a short drive between the two places and I'd rather send her to somewhere where I've had recommendations as well. Also, they said they've got kids that come from all over the Hills District.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Kelly

Hi Kelly

Thanks for all this information it is much much appreciated. Hope all is going well. When we are ready to go my OH employer's have said we can choose where we want our first months accommodation so could push for Castle Hills on the basis of the pre-school.

Considering you have only been there a few weeks you sound so chilled out and really organised!! Wish I could say the same for myself this end, seem to be burying my head in the sand at the moment.

Thanks for taking the time to respond
Carmella


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:45 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.