Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PREPARING FOR THE BIG PUSH

PREPARING FOR THE BIG PUSH

Old May 10th 2011, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

GARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really nice
Default PREPARING FOR THE BIG PUSH

Hi guys,

After reading many of the post on here I have decided to emigrate to Perth, Australia,I have targeted July as the time I will fly out there . I am currently selling as much of my belongings as possible, thinking it would be cheaper, I am however keeping my work tools, as these are my lively-hood , I intend to rent an apartment or flat or even a room, until I get settled, Does anyone know the best place to look for cheap accommodation without actually being in Perth, Because of the economy here in UK , my funds are not great at the moment so I really do not want to stay in a hotel for any amount of time. I am as so wanting to know if there is anywhere I can send my tools before I leave the UK for cheap storage,as I do not have an address yet.
Old May 10th 2011, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

ukjoiner will become famous soon enough
Default Re: PREPARING FOR THE BIG PUSH

Originally Posted by GARRYP1302
Hi guys,

After reading many of the post on here I have decided to emigrate to Perth, Australia,I have targeted July as the time I will fly out there . I am currently selling as much of my belongings as possible, thinking it would be cheaper, I am however keeping my work tools, as these are my lively-hood , I intend to rent an apartment or flat or even a room, until I get settled, Does anyone know the best place to look for cheap accommodation without actually being in Perth, Because of the economy here in UK , my funds are not great at the moment so I really do not want to stay in a hotel for any amount of time. I am as so wanting to know if there is anywhere I can send my tools before I leave the UK for cheap storage,as I do not have an address yet.
I know Harcourts is quite a big company out in Australia. They may have a branch/branches in Perth. They were really helpful to us. Sorry I dont know about storage.
Old May 10th 2011, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Look on gumtree and there might be some online noticeboards for accommodation near the various universities. There are also some notices in community newspapers, most of which are available online. Have you sorted out the right sort of visa to work here?
Old May 10th 2011, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

GARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really niceGARRYP1302 is just really nice

Originally Posted by HelenTD
Look on gumtree and there might be some online noticeboards for accommodation near the various universities. There are also some notices in community newspapers, most of which are available online. Have you sorted out the right sort of visa to work here?
Hello Helen, I have my visa sorted, its a 176, I have had for about 2 years now, I had been hoping to save a few penny's up before moving out to Perth, unfortunately the work in the UK has been very hard to come by, I have decided best to jump ship now before it becomes its to late, you mentioned a few of the local papers, good idea, do you have the names of them please, just makes it easier to find on the internet
Old May 10th 2011, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

Another way to look for accomodation is to search google etc for house sitting in Perth.

Most are free as you look after the property while the owners are away. You will probably need references and police checks to do this.

Or search for properties where people want to share the costs.

I know what you mean about the job opportunities in general that's why I'm going in June.

Last edited by mvagusta; May 10th 2011 at 8:17 pm. Reason: more info
Old May 10th 2011, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mvagusta
Another way to look for accomodation is to search google etc for house sitting in Perth.

Most are free as you look after the property while the owners are away. You will probably need references and police checks to do this.

Or search for properties where people want to share the costs.

I know what you mean about the job opportunities in general that's why I'm going in June.
Have just been looking at this on the internet, it sounds good! Can even get quite long term "sitting duties". Dont think they'd want me and my very bouncy kids.
Old May 10th 2011, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Helen, I have my visa sorted, its a 176, I have had for about 2 years now, I had been hoping to save a few penny's up before moving out to Perth, unfortunately the work in the UK has been very hard to come by, I have decided best to jump ship now before it becomes its to late, you mentioned a few of the local papers, good idea, do you have the names of them please, just makes it easier to find on the internet
http://www.perthwalkabout.com/Living...ewspapers.html

Try this site, gives info about Perth's newspapers.
Old May 11th 2011, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Ermmm. Got to ask. Have you got a visa?
Old May 11th 2011, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by verystormy
Ermmm. Got to ask. Have you got a visa?
Already been answered, but I think we were all wondering at the first post.

Good luck for the move Garry, well worth it for us.
Old May 11th 2011, 5:04 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but every time I read the title I think it says preparing for the bush pig!!
Old May 11th 2011, 11:33 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

www.reiwa.com.au
www.realestate.com.au

look for rentals
Old May 11th 2011, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

List of WA districts and newspapers: http://www.newspapers.com.au/perth.html.