Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Prepaid sim card choice

Prepaid sim card choice

Old May 15th 2007, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Prepaid sim card choice

I'm landing next month and will be around for a few weeks. During that time I need a local number and so I am thinking of getting a prepaid sim card. Which one would suit my needs of mainly local calls with the occassional international call and a handful of local sms's?
Old May 15th 2007, 5:38 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Prepaid sim card choice

Originally Posted by discobay
I'm landing next month and will be around for a few weeks. During that time I need a local number and so I am thinking of getting a prepaid sim card. Which one would suit my needs of mainly local calls with the occassional international call and a handful of local sms's?
Not sure about rates mate, but we are vodafone and seems to be quite cheap and easy to pick up a card from anywhere between $2 -$10. If you top up with $30 credit you get some free calls and txts but not sure if they are only to voda network. You will get one easy mate when you get here, Pete.
Old May 15th 2007, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Thanks Pete. Did you work on CRISP?
Old May 15th 2007, 6:23 am
In melbourne

silver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant futuresilver has a brilliant future

We are on Vodafone has worked ok but it seems like people on Telstra do get better coverage in the remote spots...
Old May 15th 2007, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

I anticipate being in the urban areas most of the time. Can I get these $2 cards at convenience stores or must they be Vodafone stores?
Old May 15th 2007, 6:49 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

I anticipate being in the urban areas most of the time. Can I get these $2 cards at convenience stores or must they be Vodafone stores?
Ive seen them at "woolworths" food store . Pete
Old May 15th 2007, 6:51 am
brown eyes!

Thanks Pete. Did you work on CRISP?
What is CRISP? Pete
Old May 15th 2007, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

It doesn't matter Pete.