Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Premiership Football in Australia...

Premiership Football in Australia...

Old Mar 1st 2005, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future
Default Premiership Football in Australia...

I'm stressed what with the house move on Friday and all that it involves. My home is upside down and well, no longer, my lovely home... It's bleaching down with snow and I am sorting out trampolines and pushing an electric 'Barbie' jeep up the bloody steep hill (that is my garden)... I am stressed beyond what I believed tolerable for the human body...

my husband's main concerns are these:

a) shall i catalogue my CD's and Vinyls alphabetically or chronologically?

b) is it worth taking my ski boots?

c) will i be able to watch the premiership football in Australia, most importantly Newcastle United?

* a) and b) are burning well in the garden as we speak, considering the depth of the snow! Can anyone help me with c) ?????
Old Mar 1st 2005, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Williem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Premiership Football in Australia...

Originally Posted by honeybob
I'm stressed what with the house move on Friday and all that it involves. My home is upside down and well, no longer, my lovely home... It's bleaching down with snow and I am sorting out trampolines and pushing an electric 'Barbie' jeep up the bloody steep hill (that is my garden)... I am stressed beyond what I believed tolerable for the human body...

c) will i be able to watch the premiership football in Australia, most importantly Newcastle United?

* a) and b) are burning well in the garden as we speak, considering the depth of the snow! Can anyone help me with c) ?????

Yes, you will be able to watch premiership football, but only on foxtel for live games.
They show up to 6 matches a week, so you pretty much get to see your team every other weekend.
For the full foxtel package it costs around $90, but you can get one that includes the sports chanels for around $60.
Hope that helps,

Will.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 9:15 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

newbloodycastle yeah dooin ok

im sat here watchin the gunners its painfull
Old Mar 1st 2005, 9:16 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

What is your husbands name?? I am worried now that my husband is leading a double life and is in actual fact a bigamist......
Old Mar 1st 2005, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
What is your husbands name?? I am worried now that my husband is leading a double life and is in actual fact a bigamist......
Dan ring any bells, should we start worrying, if indeed mine is not yours, do you want mine anyway, comes fully equipped with barbie jeep, charred ski boots and trampoline? sounds kinky!

thanks to everyone for the footie info!

bob...
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 9:11 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

I'm a West Brom fan .... so what about the 'Championship?!'...
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 9:36 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bal56
I'm a West Brom fan .... so what about the 'Championship?!'...
Nott'm Forest fan here. Come on you reds!!! (sorry to my Dad, he's a Spurs fan- poor soul, can't help it)
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 9:51 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dan ring any bells, should we start worrying, if indeed mine is not yours, do you want mine anyway, comes fully equipped with barbie jeep, charred ski boots and trampoline? sounds kinky!

thanks to everyone for the footie info!

bob...
LOL Thats ok then, mine is Roy. Actually the Newcastle bit should have given it away... Mine is currently working out which direction to place his prayer mat so he can pay his respects to Jose Mourinho

Trampoline
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 9:53 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Seeing`s S`ton will prob be in the C`ship next season I hope they show some of those on Aus tv.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 9:56 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SalSa
Nott'm Forest fan here. Come on you reds!!! (sorry to my Dad, he's a Spurs fan- poor soul, can't help it)
Leicester fan here so it will be nice to move to the other side of the world where I won't be tempted to throw £26 a week down the drain to watch a bunch of overpaid, underskilled tosspots giving away goals in the last minute!

Rob
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 10:41 am
Just Joined

richie.y is an unknown quantity at this point

Won't Newcastle be in the championship next season? Leaving Boro the only North East team in the premiership.
Maybe they will show the derby games with Hartlepool on the telly in Oz.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

We get some of the matches on Foxtel......but they are on rather late at night.
Shame they didnt show Chelsea win the Carling Cup at the weekend though!!!!
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
We get some of the matches on Foxtel......but they are on rather late at night.
Yeah but they re-show them all the next day. The problem is trying to use the internet, or watch tv without inadvertently seeing the results.

Even Oz news programs on a sunday morning have an annoying habit of throwing up random scrolling like 'Arsenal Shocker', or 'Chelsea do it again'. And don't even think about trying to use yahoo mail.

Cheers,
JTL