Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pregnant while appyling!!???

Pregnant while appyling!!???

Old May 29th 2006, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice
Default Pregnant while appyling!!???

Wonder if anyone can help ...my wife is pregnant again! could of been better timing i suppose! We have lodged our skills assessment and now in the last six weeks of the 8 weeks it takes to get it back from Aussie immigration...does anyone know if itll affect our ability on the application stage - or do I need to put everything on hold and apply after the birth???? thanks for any advice
Old May 29th 2006, 8:12 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pregnant while appyling!!???

Originally Posted by Speargun
Wonder if anyone can help ...my wife is pregnant again! could of been better timing i suppose! We have lodged our skills assessment and now in the last six weeks of the 8 weeks it takes to get it back from Aussie immigration...does anyone know if itll affect our ability on the application stage - or do I need to put everything on hold and apply after the birth???? thanks for any advice
Skill assessments do not come from Australian immigration.

Being pregnant does not stop you applying for a visa, it just means you normally can't do medicals until baby arrives.
Old May 29th 2006, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

Being pregnant does not stop you applying for a visa, it just means you normally can't do medicals until baby arrives.[/QUOTE]

thanks for info - your right its with Vetassess - this is a really stupid question and i apologise...but how do you apply for the visa without knowing the sex and name of the baby?? Does it not need to go on the application form? Does it also mean that our assurer needs to earn more money for an extra child?? - there will now be my wife and I and 3 kids now....one aged 11 ....one aged 6 months and one to come in january! If I go ahead and apply now itll probably be lodged in July/August time then I thin after the wait we probably wont be due to get medicals done till Jan Feb time??
Old May 29th 2006, 9:54 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for info - your right its with Vetassess - this is a really stupid question and i apologise...but how do you apply for the visa without knowing the sex and name of the baby?? Does it not need to go on the application form? Does it also mean that our assurer needs to earn more money for an extra child?? - there will now be my wife and I and 3 kids now....one aged 11 ....one aged 6 months and one to come in january! If I go ahead and apply now itll probably be lodged in July/August time then I thin after the wait we probably wont be due to get medicals done till Jan Feb time??
An unborn child cannot be a visa applicant. It can be added to an undecided visa application once born.

Yes, it may mean an increase in the required income for the assurance of support (AOS) - AOS is assessed as at time of decision, not time of application.
Old May 29th 2006, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

thnks for your help - appreciated and much less stressed now!!! thankyou!
Old May 29th 2006, 11:11 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder if anyone can help ...my wife is pregnant again!
Don't think it was anyone on here you may need to look closer to home
Old May 30th 2006, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Don't think it was anyone on here you may need to look closer to home
hahaha! so im not gonna get away with it then??!!! Was gonna pass the buck to someone on here! Ive really no idea how it happened!