Reload this Page >

Pregnancy - visa on hold

Pregnancy - visa on hold

Old Apr 15th 2004, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Diggerydub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pregnancy - visa on hold

Hi all,

Not a regular poster here, but been browsing for months.

My wife and I have got as far as being asked for character and medical checks, but are having to differ due to my wife's pregnancy.

I am a little unclear as to how long we are able to hold off completing your checks for. At some point I imagine employment reference dates etc (not to mention growing older) could necessitate having to re-apply, although I can find no mention of this anywhere.

Not sure we are likely to want to be racing around getting medicals etc in the first weeks of parent-hood so ideally it would be nice to leave off doing this for as long as six months!

Is anyone else in this situation? I would love to hear form someone who has been through this type of application complication, or is in the same boat.

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 15th 2004, 6:12 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pregnancy - visa on hold

I am happily in the same situation. Meds request and booked police checks applied for, then the 2 pink lines appeared

We sent an email to the case officerthat we wanted to defer the medicals as I did not want to have an x ray and wanted to add baby once born. Asked whart else we need to do. (basically puts application on hold, thus no need to reapply)

Reply was that that was ok to defer, she asked when baby is due and required that Form 1022 (the one that came with the med & pc request) to be filled in. Said that baby will require meds once born, provide certified copy of birth certificate, and 4 passport photos.

I have read here that passport is required at this stage so it will take a month or so after the birth to get all the documents together. Then I assume that the normal 1 year deadline after the meds/PC are done to validate visa.

and many congrats D - when is your wife due?:
Old Apr 15th 2004, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

So we are not alone!

Wife due in August, but as I said, I'm not sure how far up our priorities getting the meds done is going to be. Or how difficult its going to make emigrating for our folks... first grandchild and all.

Second scan was today, starts to seem a bit more real !!!
Old Apr 16th 2004, 9:06 am
Just Joined

R Clifford is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We got TRA classification back Nov 03 and sent our main application end Feb 2004 and are now just waiting for them to ask us to go for medicals ..... but I have discovered I am six weeks pregnant (with baby due early December).
I have informed immigration but am awaiting a reply.
So, am I right in thinking, that once the baby is born, I tell immigration, then get he/she a passport and wait again for them to ask us to go for a medical?
Is it then easy to add baby to application? Is there alot of extra costs?
Will you both be taking a very young baby over, or will you wait until they are a bit older?
(We already have a three year old son, Albert)
Any advice, welcome.
It's great to find a thread with someone in the same boat.
Natasha
Old Apr 16th 2004, 9:25 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Natasha,

I am too 6 weeks pregnant (first child). I would wait until yours meds are requested and do as I have done above (assuming you don't want to have the Xray done during pregnancy).

Everything is on hold and our case officer has made a note of this, althought she has not given timeframe of when to get things done after the birth. We will email then informing of the birth and asking what to do next. No extra cost, just for the meds etc

We will be leaving the earliest Oct 2005 and probably the latest Feb 2006, so bub will be around a yr old.

congrats to you too

walaj
Old Apr 16th 2004, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

I am currently 24 weeks pregnant - glad to see a lot of us in same boat! We applied in Feb knowing I was pregnant but didn;t mention it. We reckon meds etc should come through around August at earliest (I'm due on 2 August) so hopefully wait a month before getting them done and include baby in them as well!

Seems to tie in with general consensus!
Old Apr 16th 2004, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

We found out I was pregnant 2 weeks after we'd sent our Visa Application to Adelaide.

After phoning them our application was put on hold as they advised us not to go ahead due to me not being able to have X-rays while pregnant.

We thought this would delay our application by 9-12 months and were happy to find when I had the baby on 7th March and notified them they requested our meds/police checks on the 9th and we had to have all info back to them by 8th June. By looking on Austimeline, it looks like the baby hasn't made any difference to the application time wise.

we filled out change of circumstance, got the baby a pasport and had it and birth certificate certified and are waiting for our pre-grant letter.

We didn't want to wait, but are glad we did now. After reading other threads, its a common occurance and I think it just depends on your own personal choice

Jo
Old Apr 17th 2004, 7:44 am
Just Joined

R Clifford is an unknown quantity at this point

Walaj
Thank you. You seem to be on the same timescales as us. That's what we're thinking i.e. October - Feb (maybe March). As you say, at least the baby will be around a year old. Where in Oz are you heading for. We are hoping to go to Adelaide.

Jo
You make it all sound so simple, and when you talk to people who aren't in the same boat, it seems to get very confusing, so thanks for calming me down. So I can sit back and relax a little, and all I need to worry about now is my morning, afternoon and evening sickness, which is starting to get right on my nerves. And if it's going to be anything like when I had my son, I know I've got it for at least another 3 months.:scared:
Cheers
Natasha
Old Apr 17th 2004, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Looks like there's lots of budding families out there... quite sure this is a big factor in deciding to emigrate as it was for us.

Once we have our baby we'll let Adelaide know, but will probably drag heels as much as possible as I'd like the little'un to be a year or so at least before we make the first trip down under.

Actually if anyone has any advice as to the worst ages for a baby to try and fly long haul I'd appreciate your thoughts. Obviously it varies enormously, and there are no guarantees... but what do you valiant mums recomend? You can't put them in the suitcases I suppose ?

Cheers,

David (Sydney bound 05-06)