British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Pregnancy & Immigration ....????? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/pregnancy-immigration-311384/)

KatieStar Jul 2nd 2005 1:43 pm

Re: Pregnancy & Immigration ....?????

I flew at 23 weeks. I found that just fine. I reckon that later on it might get a bit uncomfy. No one questioned my pregnant tummy, though I had a doctor's letter just in case. I took asprin as advised by my midwife (75mg) and wore support stockings, though they drove me crazy as they kept falling down.

Katie

Rooksie Jul 2nd 2005 1:46 pm

Thanks all - that really has filled me with confidence!! I think, all being well, i will front load my meds and then hope and pray we hit target!!! :D

we are currently seeing a consultant re hormonal treatment so i imagine we may need a letter from him for meds??? anyone got any thoughts on this??

thanks heaps to you all!! :D :D

karma being dished out accordingly!!! :D

Wave the Sails Jul 2nd 2005 1:47 pm

I got pregnant just after the medicals and x-rays (which we front loaded).

However, it took an AGE for our Visas to come through, so much so that our Agent ended up emailing the Case Officer and asking if things could be speeded up so I could fly at 28 weeks pregnant (high risk). We thought we had planned it all carefully and in good time, but we didn't allow for our POlice Checks getting lost :rolleyes:

Our Agent warned us that this in itself (emailing Case Officer) could be risky as sometimes DIMIA don't like you to come over to Oz and immediately use their health system, they prefer to have the baby at home using the NHS. We were ok in the end (and we had private insurance anyway), but he did know of a case where the Visa was delayed by DIMIA due to pregnancy.

Hope this helps (and makes sense)

Mrs J (still a little sleep deprived thanks to 7 week old Aussie baby!!)

Rooksie Jul 2nd 2005 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
I flew to Oz at 28-29 weeks pregnant no problem. Some airlines will let you fly up to 36 weeks pregnant as slong as you are healthy, have a Dr letter and have had an uncomplicated pregnancy. You just have to watch the insurance. You are insured if YOU get sick, but not for anything related to the baby (if that makes sense). E.g. I ended up in hospital in Singapore with something nasty but it was my illness not the baby's, so I was insured (Austravel - fab).

so had you had your meds and THEN fell pregnant. i would like to front load meds - what do you think?? :confused:

Rooksie Jul 2nd 2005 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
I got pregnant just after the medicals and x-rays (which we front loaded).

However, it took an AGE for our Visas to come through, so much so that our Agent ended up emailing the Case Officer and asking if things could be speeded up so I could fly at 28 weeks pregnant (high risk). We thought we had planned it all carefully and in good time, but we didn't allow for our POlice Checks getting lost :rolleyes:

Our Agent warned us that this in itself (emailing Case Officer) could be risky as sometimes DIMIA don't like you to come over to Oz and immediately use their health system, they prefer to have the baby at home using the NHS. We were ok in the end (and we had private insurance anyway), but he did know of a case where the Visa was delayed by DIMIA due to pregnancy.

Hope this helps (and makes sense)

Mrs J (still a little sleep deprived thanks to 7 week old Aussie baby!!)

Hmmm - careful planning and timing required then me thinks!! who was yur agent out of interest??

to complicate even more we are going STNI so in between TRA and visa we have to be nominated by state (hopefuly WA) - Jeeez what a carry on!!

Congrats on your baby by the way - i recall thread re birth and i congratulated on that one im pretty sure :D

Wave the Sails Jul 2nd 2005 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Hmmm - careful planning and timing required then me thinks!! who was yur agent out of interest??

to complicate even more we are going STNI so in between TRA and visa we have to be nominated by state (hopefuly WA) - Jeeez what a carry on!!

Congrats on your baby by the way - i recall thread re birth and i congratulated on that one im pretty sure :D

Yes it was all carefully planned - was pregnant about a week after x-rays. I know very lucky indeed. However, we had thought we might not come out to Oz until September this year so would have waited to have another UK baby. In the end we wanted to come out sooner, but it was touch and go )not helped by the police checks being lost over Christmas and DIMIA not mentioning it. It cost us about 6 weeks. Not much except when you have to fly by a certain date.

Wave the Sails Jul 2nd 2005 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Rooksie

Our Agent was Peter Elliott at Wessex Migration 01202 738999. Give him a call and mention our name and situation. I'm sure he'd be happy to advise (but he's very busy!)

Rooksie Jul 2nd 2005 3:25 pm

Thanks Mrs J - just have to formulate a plan now!!!! :D