Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pregnancy & Immigration ....?????

Pregnancy & Immigration ....?????

Old Jul 1st 2005, 10:33 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pregnancy & Immigration ....?????

Originally Posted by Rooksie
TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!! God knows what i'll be like when Claire pops!!!!
i'll be squashing my face up to my monitor trying to smell *baby*
ROFL! hehehehehe

"dun dun durrrrr" *scary music*
I saw the midwife yesterday & she has made an appt for me to see the gynie doctor at the hospital on Monday 10AM for my assessment to see if they can turn the baby!!!!!! Apparantly they should tell me there & then if I have to have another C-Section or not!!!!!! So, in realisty, I am due 6 wks tomorrw but could have the bub in the next fortnight! AARRGGHH!

Jac... get ready to smell the monitor ! LMFAO

Claire
xxx
Old Jul 1st 2005, 10:34 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope you'll post some pics when he / she is born!

(Can you tell what it is yet?)
Old Jul 1st 2005, 10:36 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
ROFL! hehehehehe

"dun dun durrrrr" *scary music*
I saw the midwife yesterday & she has made an appt for me to see the gynie doctor at the hospital on Monday 10AM for my assessment to see if they can turn the baby!!!!!! Apparantly they should tell me there & then if I have to have another C-Section or not!!!!!! So, in realisty, I am due 6 wks tomorrw but could have the bub in the next fortnight! AARRGGHH!

Jac... get ready to smell the monitor ! LMFAO

Claire
xxx
Anthony Hopkins has got nothing on me mate!!! SNIFF

Turn baby - ooooHH
Old Jul 1st 2005, 10:38 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

I like your style...

I hear what youre saying 3 legs - thanks. the plan is to get meds done sometime soonish and THEN get on with the job at hand!!!

cheers!!
Old Jul 1st 2005, 10:49 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
(Can you tell what it is yet?)
My god you sound like Rolf Harris! hehehehe
But seriously, they couldn't tell at the last scan so we have no idea...... LOL... although a few forum members are insisting it is a girl!
See the scan here: http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...cat=500&page=2
Old Jul 1st 2005, 10:53 am
Account Closed

But seriously, they couldn't tell at the last scan so we have no idea...... LOL... although a few forum members are insisting it is a girl!
its a girl its a girl!!!!

couldnt tell at either of our scans and they were both girls - kind of speaks for itself really - if there's nothing to see .......
Old Jul 1st 2005, 10:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Three Legs
I like your style...

ditto!!!!
Old Jul 1st 2005, 10:54 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Anthony Hopkins has got nothing on me mate!!! SNIFF

Turn baby - ooooHH
LMFAO
Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:40 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I am going to be contraversial and say it's a boy!
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 10:46 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

No No No - not yet!!!!!

But if, say, I was planning to become pregnant how would this affect our visa application and our medicals etc etc?? We dont really want to wait until we arrive in Australia due to *difficulties* and it may be a case of now or never. Likewise, dont really want to delay application any longer than absolutely necessary!

Can anyone shed some light please?

Thanks in anticipation!!
We decided to go for our third child after applying for the visa, but before the meds were requested, and the pregnancy put the process on hold for a few months. I don't regret it in the least, I was more concerned about the age gap than delaying the visa. I did struggle to get my BMI to overweight rather than obese so quickly after the birth, but on the plus side I managed to avoid the breast exam as the Dr was obviously terrified that he might get squirted with milk!

Regards, Kirsty
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 10:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
We decided to go for our third child after applying for the visa, but before the meds were requested, and the pregnancy put the process on hold for a few months. I don't regret it in the least, I was more concerned about the age gap than delaying the visa. I did struggle to get my BMI to overweight rather than obese so quickly after the birth, but on the plus side I managed to avoid the breast exam as the Dr was obviously terrified that he might get squirted with milk!

Regards, Kirsty
Hi - same here - it will be our third and we are not getting any younger!!!! i am trying to establish whether or not it is feesible to frontload meds and then get on with the job in hand!! ideally giving birth in Oz - visa being granted in the meantime!! sounds simple doesnt it
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 1:16 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Hiya,

we found out I was pregnant after we had submitted our application. We didn't use an agent, and after waiting for about 12 weeks I wrote to our case officer and informed him of the change in our circumstances. He got back to us very quickly and said they were ready to issue our PR and what did we want him to do? He gave us the options.....either have the baby in the UK and then have to go through the hassle of another application for the baby....or have the baby in Oz. We chose the latter and flew when I was 32 weeks pregnant. A lot of airlines won't carry you after 28 weeks. I think Singapore Airlines are about the best as they will carry you to 33 weeks....but beware, you need a visa (or soemthing like that) if you won't to stop over and you are pregnant. We didn't bother.
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 1:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by banjo
Hiya,

we found out I was pregnant after we had submitted our application. We didn't use an agent, and after waiting for about 12 weeks I wrote to our case officer and informed him of the change in our circumstances. He got back to us very quickly and said they were ready to issue our PR and what did we want him to do? He gave us the options.....either have the baby in the UK and then have to go through the hassle of another application for the baby....or have the baby in Oz. We chose the latter and flew when I was 32 weeks pregnant. A lot of airlines won't carry you after 28 weeks. I think Singapore Airlines are about the best as they will carry you to 33 weeks....but beware, you need a visa (or soemthing like that) if you won't to stop over and you are pregnant. We didn't bother.

Thanks for that - i assume then that you had already had your meds and THEN became pregnant?
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 1:30 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Thanks for that - i assume then that you had already had your meds and THEN became pregnant?
it all happened so quickly! Our little Aussie was a surprise package so we're not 100% on the dates, but I do remember thinking 'I'm pregnant' :scared: about a week after going for the meds.
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
If you do medicals without being asked and they expire (after 12 months, sometimes 6) then you do have to do them again.

Add to that the fact pregnat women can't fly after 6 months, and if the baby arrives after visa grant but is born in the UK, then you need to sponsor for a child migrant visa - you'll see that it's simplest to wait until getting to Australia before thinking about babies.

Jeremy
I flew to Oz at 28-29 weeks pregnant no problem. Some airlines will let you fly up to 36 weeks pregnant as slong as you are healthy, have a Dr letter and have had an uncomplicated pregnancy. You just have to watch the insurance. You are insured if YOU get sick, but not for anything related to the baby (if that makes sense). E.g. I ended up in hospital in Singapore with something nasty but it was my illness not the baby's, so I was insured (Austravel - fab).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.