British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Pregnancy & Immigration ....????? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/pregnancy-immigration-311384/)

Anne4Terry Jul 1st 2005 9:13 am

Re: Pregnancy & Immigration ....?????

BTW. Did you see my comments on pregnancy on your thread on the immigration forum? Doubt it, I put something woth looking at and then no other bugger reads it again after that!! :rolleyes:

Rooksie Jul 1st 2005 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
The radiologist who did our x-rays forgot to ask me if I might be pregnant until afterwards. He came up and whispered - obviously feeling guilty!

Jacs give Daisy a big birthday kiss from me and tell her all the best people are born on this day! :D

i certainly will mate!!! :D

Rooksie Jul 1st 2005 9:14 am

Originally Posted by movetoperth.com
Do your research then go for it, whats the worst that can happen, you reach 32 weeks and your visa hasnt arrived, you put a stop on it and have your meds redone after the bub is here (or there as the case may be). I have 1 friend who flew at 32 weeks, 6 days after she got her visa and another who had her and the babys meds done when bub was 2 days old. By that stage it will just be a minor blip, ok you pay for 2 lots of meds, but sometimes you just have to live for the moment.

Lynn

youre absolutely right mate!!!!!! WOO HOOOOOOOOOOO :D

Rooksie Jul 1st 2005 9:15 am

BTW. Did you see my comments on pregnancy on your thread on the immigration forum? Doubt it, I put something woth looking at and then no other bugger reads it again after that!! :rolleyes:

i will check it out!!!!! must have missed that one :D

bridiej Jul 1st 2005 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Rooksie
you got plenty of life in you yet mate!!!! :D

i will be 36 in august and gerard is now 37. our problem is that we have never fallen pregnant at the drop of a hat and the older we get...... :( :(

Thanks for sharing the info....... I've never been pregnant so no idea how fertile me or Malc is... have already decided though that if nature doesnt take its course then that's it - dont want to go down the IVF route.

If it's meant to be it will be....!

If I were you though I'd wait, after all wont be long til you've got your visas and are settled in your new life in Australia and if Jed is anything like Malc the hot weather will make sure you get plenty of practice in! ;)

Rooksie Jul 1st 2005 9:26 am

Originally Posted by bridiej
Thanks for sharing the info....... I've never been pregnant so no idea how fertile me or Malc is... have already decided though that if nature doesnt take its course then that's it - dont want to go down the IVF route.

If it's meant to be it will be....!

If I were you though I'd wait, after all wont be long til you've got your visas and are settled in your new life in Australia and if Jed is anything like Malc the hot weather will make sure you get plenty of practice in! ;)

mate - gerard and i have been married 13 years (this coming Monday!!) and weve never taken contraception!!!! ;) yet some people only got to share the same soap!! :D

bridiej Jul 1st 2005 10:02 am

mate - gerard and i have been married 13 years (this coming Monday!!) and weve never taken contraception!!!! ;) yet some people only got to share the same soap!! :D

LOL! :D

I've been on the pill half my life!!! :(

Jonahs_mummy Jul 1st 2005 10:02 am

Jac,

:eek: Is there something you want to tell me???? ROFL:eek:
Seriously though, we went through all the same worries, etc with the Vs the visa...... we got great advice though....

Basically, we just submit our visa appl as normal, and then when I have the baby I just inform the case officer and send a certified copy of the bubs birth certificate & when we have it, a certified copy of bubs passport detail page..... the CO then should add on the bubs to the appl.

In regards to XRays when pregnant, the advice we got was that 99.9% of hospitals will refuse you an x-ray but some may offer you a "lead-sheilded xray".... BEWARE as in Booklet 6 it states that DIMIA don't particularly see them as the "norm" so tend not to accept them............ we were advised that if our meds were requested but bubs still hadn't been born that we should inform our CO & they would "suspend" our application until after the happy event. Another point to consider, that we have been told, is that it isn't advisable to have your Meds until after your 6wk check following the birth of the baby... I was concerned as it looks like I am having another c-section with this baby & I wondered how that would sit with the panel doctor doing the medicals. I have been advised not to worry about that so long as I tell the doctor when we arrive; apparantly c-sects are not a negative point on the medical. (good news ;o))

PM me if you want to chat about this or travelling to Australia with a tiny baby as we have done that too....

Love ya,

Claire

xxxxx

Rooksie Jul 1st 2005 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Jac,

:eek: Is there something you want to tell me???? ROFL:eek:
Seriously though, we went through all the same worries, etc with the Vs the visa...... we got great advice though....

Basically, we just submit our visa appl as normal, and then when I have the baby I just inform the case officer and send a certified copy of the bubs birth certificate & when we have it, a certified copy of bubs passport detail page..... the CO then should add on the bubs to the appl.

In regards to XRays when pregnant, the advice we got was that 99.9% of hospitals will refuse you an x-ray but some may offer you a "lead-sheilded xray".... BEWARE as in Booklet 6 it states that DIMIA don't particularly see them as the "norm" so tend not to accept them............ we were advised that if our meds were requested but bubs still hadn't been born that we should inform our CO & they would "suspend" our application until after the happy event. Another point to consider, that we have been told, is that it isn't advisable to have your Meds until after your 6wk check following the birth of the baby... I was concerned as it looks like I am having another c-section with this baby & I wondered how that would sit with the panel doctor doing the medicals. I have been advised not to worry about that so long as I tell the doctor when we arrive; apparantly c-sects are not a negative point on the medical. (good news ;o))

PM me if you want to chat about this or travelling to Australia with a tiny baby as we have done that too....

Love ya,

Claire

xxxxx

thanks for that Claire - ideally i would like to get meds done BEFORE i fall pregnant (i hope), then let nature takes it course ;) , get visa, go australia, have baby!!! see sounds simple doesnt it (or maybe its me who's simple??? :o )

bridiej Jul 1st 2005 10:12 am

thanks for that Claire - ideally i would like to get meds done BEFORE i fall pregnant (i hope), then let nature takes it course ;) , get visa, go australia, have baby!!! see sounds simple doesnt it (or maybe its me who's simple??? :o )

Yes, does sound so simple and easy....! And I'm sure it will be from now on! :)

Rooksie Jul 1st 2005 10:14 am

Originally Posted by bridiej
Yes, does sound so simple and easy....! And I'm sure it will be from now on! :)

this is me we are talking about mate!!!! :( simple and easy doent happen to me!!!

Three Legs Jul 1st 2005 10:19 am

Your medicals will be delayed until the birth of your child.

Hospitals refuse to X-ray the chest during pregnancy.

Either do the medicals before trying or expect to wait...

My missus fell pregnant during the wait for the yellow envelope and our meds were delayed as a result.

We now have a baby boy called Zak who is just the most adorable child on this planet**

**along with his big bro' Lucas of course ;)

Three Legs

Rooksie Jul 1st 2005 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Your medicals will be delayed until the birth of your child.

Hospitals refuse to X-ray the chest during pregnancy.

Either do the medicals before trying or expect to wait...

My missus fell pregnant during the wait for the yellow envelope and our meds were delayed as a result.

We now have a baby boy called Zak who is just the most adorable child on this planet**

**along with his big bro' Lucas of course ;)

Three Legs

I hear what youre saying 3 legs - thanks. the plan is to get meds done sometime soonish and THEN get on with the job at hand!!! ;)

cheers!! :D

Anne4Terry Jul 1st 2005 10:25 am

I hear what youre saying 3 legs - thanks. the plan is to get meds done sometime soonish and THEN get on with the job at hand!!! ;)

cheers!! :D

Look, you are making me all honorary broody now. For you not for me :scared:

Rooksie Jul 1st 2005 10:29 am

Look, you are making me all honorary broody now. For you not for me :scared:

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!! God knows what i'll be like when Claire pops!!!! :o
i'll be squashing my face up to my monitor trying to smell *baby* :o