British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Pregnancy & Immigration ....????? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/pregnancy-immigration-311384/)

Rooksie Jun 30th 2005 5:18 pm

Pregnancy & Immigration ....?????

No No No - not yet!!!!! :o

But if, say, I was planning to become pregnant how would this affect our visa application and our medicals etc etc?? Would I be able to get round this by front loading meds with application and then have a free run to plan pregnancy as soon as possible? We dont really want to wait until we arrive in Australia due to *difficulties* and it may be a case of now or never. Likewise, dont really want to delay application any longer than absolutely necessary!

Can anyone shed some light please?

Thanks in anticipation!!

fraser Jun 30th 2005 6:14 pm

Re: Pregnancy & Immigration ....?????

Originally Posted by Rooksie

But if, say, I was planning to become pregnant how would this affect our visa application and our medicals etc etc?? Would I be able to get round this by front loading meds with application and then have a free run to plan pregnancy as soon as possible? We dont really want to wait until we arrive in Australia due to *difficulties* and it may be a case of now or never. Likewise, dont really want to delay application any longer than absolutely necessary!

Thanks in anticipation!!

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Rooksie Jun 30th 2005 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by fraser
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

dont tell me you wouldnt like a little girl mate (and i dont mean kylie!!) :D

Perthforme Jun 30th 2005 6:33 pm

Not wise to have an xray while preggers , and think if done after meds there is a cut off point that you can fly when preggers ie so many weeks gone but don't know what it is ?

markeh Jun 30th 2005 6:33 pm

Thanks in anticipation!!

Hiya Rooksie,

you could do it that way, but DIMMA do as you to contact them with any alterations in status & can hold the application untill bub is born.

You could alway's time it so that you migrate and have bub in Oz, or otherwise you will have to wait untill you can apply for bub to migrate at your local High comission under family.
(I'm sure someone will let you know how, I havn't done it yet.)

We planned to have our daughter in Oz, but high blood pressure (pre-eclampsia) putan end to that idea! :rolleyes:
I will have to sort it out, but who knows baby no 2 could bo on the cards. :p

bye
Mark

Rooksie Jun 30th 2005 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Not wise to have an xray while preggers , and think if done after meds there is a cut off point that you can fly when preggers ie so many weeks gone but don't know what it is ?

Hmmm - hadnt thought of that one - thanks matey!!! thats put a whole new light on things!! :) ta

Rooksie Jun 30th 2005 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by markeh
Hiya Rooksie,

you could do it that way, but DIMMA do as you to contact them with any alterations in status & can hold the application untill bub is born.

You could alway's time it so that you migrate and have bub in Oz, or otherwise you will have to wait untill you can apply for bub to migrate at your local High comission under family.
(I'm sure someone will let you know how, I havn't done it yet.)

We planned to have our daughter in Oz, but high blood pressure (pre-eclampsia) putan end to that idea! :rolleyes:
I will have to sort it out, but who knows baby no 2 could bo on the cards. :p

bye
Mark

thanks mark - weve got a lot to think about!!! cheers :D

KatieStar Jun 30th 2005 7:13 pm

My medical had to be delayed due to pregnancy. OE visas sorted it out for me with DIMIA. I am not sure how complicated it would be to sort out yourself if no agent, whether or not a phonecall could do it. I read somewhere on this site that the visa process can be difficult when pregnant. Maybe you could do a search of the immigration forum.

Good luck
Katie

Rooksie Jun 30th 2005 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by KatieStar
My medical had to be delayed due to pregnancy. OE visas sorted it out for me with DIMIA. I am not sure how complicated it would be to sort out yourself if no agent, whether or not a phonecall could do it. I read somewhere on this site that the visa process can be difficult when pregnant. Maybe you could do a search of the immigration forum.

Good luck
Katie

oh dear - thanks katie

KatieStar Jun 30th 2005 7:20 pm

You are welcome I hope it works out for you. We managed it, but it definately would be worth research before hand though. :)

Katie

Rooksie Jun 30th 2005 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by KatieStar
You are welcome I hope it works out for you. We managed it, but it definately would be worth research before hand though. :)

Katie

i have sent an email to our agent and explained the situation so hopefully he will come up with a solution (just hope it isnt abstinence!!) :eek:

dh1905 Jun 30th 2005 7:29 pm

Hi, we have gone through the whole process while I have been pregnant ( baby is now 2 months old), we have no agent and its been no problem at all.

We completed the application form with just my details, my husbands and our daughters and enclosed a letter to say that I was expecting a baby. When we got the request for the medicals and pcc's our case officer asked for us to provide a copy of new babys passport bio page and a form to be filled in to tell them of the 'change of family details'- he even provided the form for us and a checklist of things that needed to be sent back. So I just waited until baby had been born until we had the medicals done and then sent everything off.
I even went 2 weeks over my baby's due date so I emailed the case officer (good old Brett!) and said we were worried we wouldnt make the deadline for the forms, etc to be sent back so he gave us an extra month.

Hope ths helps :D

fraser Jun 30th 2005 7:35 pm

i have sent an email to our agent and explained the situation so hopefully he will come up with a solution (just hope it isnt abstinence!!) :eek:

Just trying to get your moneys worth :D

Rooksie Jun 30th 2005 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by dh1905
Hi, we have gone through the whole process while I have been pregnant ( baby is now 2 months old), we have no agent and its been no problem at all.

We completed the application form with just my details, my husbands and our daughters and enclosed a letter to say that I was expecting a baby. When we got the request for the medicals and pcc's our case officer asked for us to provide a copy of new babys passport bio page and a form to be filled in to tell them of the 'change of family details'- he even provided the form for us and a checklist of things that needed to be sent back. So I just waited until baby had been born until we had the medicals done and then sent everything off.
I even went 2 weeks over my baby's due date so I emailed the case officer (good old Brett!) and said we were worried we wouldnt make the deadline for the forms, etc to be sent back so he gave us an extra month.

Hope ths helps :D

thank you - ideally, i would like to get meds front loaded and then *get on with it* as it were ;) :D

get visa - go australia - have baby!! sounds simple doesnt it!! :rolleyes: HA - as if!!

Rooksie Jun 30th 2005 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by fraser
Just trying to get your moneys worth :D

hee hee!! Poor Alan - I am so not going to be on his xmas card list!! :o