Pregnancy!

Old Jul 12th 2004, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Pregnancy! What happens about a visa for the baby?

I know this question has been asked before, but I'm very confused!!!

I have just found out I'm pregnant (woooohooo!!!). We've been granted permanent residency visas and planned to move out to Oz in Feb next year. The baby is due in March so now we're not sure what to do.

We had thought from reading posts here that if we moved to Oz before the baby was born that the baby would be given Oz citizenship. If we moved after the baby was born then we would need to apply for a visa for it. We had understood that if we planned on giving birth in the UK then we needed to validate our visas before the baby was born to avoid complications.

We have just been in touch with our agent who said that all the above is untrue. It doesn't matter if the baby is born inside or outside Australia, we would still need to go through medicals and get a visa for it. Plus, giving birth in Oz would be extremely expensive as we wouldn't be covered by medicare.

Could anyone with personal experience shed some light, or maybe Alan or George might know what the situation is?

At the moment we really don't know what to do!

Last edited by Salli; Jul 12th 2004 at 12:08 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 12:11 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pregnancy! What happens about a visa for the baby?

Hi Salli,

Congratulations on yuor pregnancy.

Here is the thread where this question was asked

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=190423

Good luck
Kala
Old Jul 12th 2004, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pregnancy! What happens about a visa for the baby?

Originally posted by kala
Hi Salli,

Congratulations on yuor pregnancy.

Here is the thread where this question was asked

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=190423

Good luck
Kala

Thank you and thank you for the link...I've been searching the forum but it's been taking me hours!!!!