Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pre-Schools Bayside - Brisbane

Wikiposts

Pre-Schools Bayside - Brisbane

Old Jan 9th 2005, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough
Default Pre-Schools Bayside - Brisbane

Can anyone help, I have a 3 year old who has been going to nursery and now preschool 3 days a week since he was 10 months, I am very keen for him to meet new friends and get into a routine early on arriving in Oz.

We are hoping to be there late July/August, would like to settle initially anywhere from Manly down to Cleveland but not sure how to find out about the best preschools in the area, I have looked on the education website so have names of schools with a preschool but personal recommendation would help.

Also as he isn't 4 until October technically he shouldn't start until January, but I have read if they have been at school in another country allowances can be made... finally... we will be on a permanent visa so will we have to pay for preschool like here..

Many thanks

advice on areas would be great too!!
Old Jan 9th 2005, 9:21 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre-Schools Bayside - Brisbane

Hi JJJHM,

Are you looking at state schools or private? There are a number of excellent private schools which have pre-schools + the state schools as well, depends on what you want. As for the fees question, state schools will be free of tuition fees, private schools vary in price (usually up to about $3000/year in this area), regardless of visa in Qld.

The area you have mentioned is a very large one & includes many schools, our boys are just starting year 2 & we are very happy with the state school they are in. Lots of others use private schools & are happy with them.

As for the question about starting early, I think that you will find that any school will be very reluctant to take him if hes too young, particularly part way through the year. You may find a headteacher willing to do it, but dont be surprised if the answer is "no".

Also try here
BrisbaneBaysideBrits

Hope this helps.