Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pre July 136 application

Pre July 136 application

Old Oct 19th 2004, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

sarahandnick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pre July 136 application

I've been sitting patiently (applied January) waiting for my med requests (had them done in June/July) and still nothing. I have tried to resist the urge to whinge about it constantly, on here at least, because its just one of those things. But its driving me crazy

I have seen references to processing Jan applications now, which cheered me up a bit, but still no post on the mat when I get home. Its completely absurd. How can it possibly take so long. Is there just one officer sat all lonely in a corner, picking up one file every 3 weeks???

Anyway, I've finished, couldn't help myself.
Old Oct 19th 2004, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

fraze1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pre July 136 application

Originally Posted by sarahandnick
I've been sitting patiently (applied January) waiting for my med requests (had them done in June/July) and still nothing. I have tried to resist the urge to whinge about it constantly, on here at least, because its just one of those things. But its driving me crazy

I have seen references to processing Jan applications now, which cheered me up a bit, but still no post on the mat when I get home. Its completely absurd. How can it possibly take so long. Is there just one officer sat all lonely in a corner, picking up one file every 3 weeks???

I know its a mightmare all this pre-July stuff! Did you send the checks/meds off after you had them done? If you did then you wont get a request - the net stage you'll hear at is pre-grant, if not then it should be pretty soon
Old Oct 19th 2004, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

fraze1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraze1987
I know its a mightmare all this pre-July stuff! Did you send the checks/meds off after you had them done? If you did then you wont get a request - the net stage you'll hear at is pre-grant, if not then it should be pretty soon
PS Every time I've pestered my agent he keeps telling me that he's still seeing requestrs for meds/pcc around the 10 months mark
Old Oct 19th 2004, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fraze1987
No, I kept hold of them in case they got lost, annoyed the case officer etc. Are you in the same situation? Do you know if immigration are hitting their target 50 week processing time for standard 136 applications ie no bond, modl etc. It wouldn't be as bad if I just knew it should arrive by then....
Old Oct 19th 2004, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Well I haven't seen med requests for standard applications for ages. Wouldn't it be interesting to have a look around immigration offices....see if all our applications are in a big heap in a dusty corner
Old Oct 19th 2004, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Furry Bunny is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I haven't seen med requests for standard applications for ages. Wouldn't it be interesting to have a look around immigration offices....see if all our applications are in a big heap in a dusty corner
There have been a few pre-July 136 visa's granted recently, but they were either applicants who had their medicals requested long ago or more recent MODL. I haven't seen any evidence of medicals being requested for non-MODL pre-July 136 applications for about 4 months now.

Plenty others in the same boat though: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259863
Old Oct 19th 2004, 4:06 pm
Raindancer

Athena is an unknown quantity at this point

I hear ya... my timeline is similar to yours and I'm still waiting too... I hope to hear something within next month, at least a request for new meds... pretty please, with sugar on top????
Old Oct 19th 2004, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Hi there,

spoke to our agent last week and he said meds will be jan/feb.so that would be 9/10 months for us and our visa is the same as yours.Although i do see alot of people on austimeline who are well into 10 months waiting for pc and meds request and they applied well before me.

keep your chin up you,ll get there soon enough

dave
Old Oct 20th 2004, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chippy dave
Hi there,

spoke to our agent last week and he said meds will be jan/feb.so that would be 9/10 months for us and our visa is the same as yours.Although i do see alot of people on austimeline who are well into 10 months waiting for pc and meds request and they applied well before me.

keep your chin up you,ll get there soon enough

dave
Thanks for the support. Just gets to you a bit sometimes. When it does come, I'll probably be complaining that I don't have time to plan itinerary (travelling for a while), book flights, rent house etc!!! Still, as you say, I'll get there soon enough...