Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pre-booking flight seats

Pre-booking flight seats

Old Aug 22nd 2004, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Pre-booking flight seats

Has anyone ever pre-booked their flight seats? We are flying with Emirates and I have requested some seats but the local office are really unhelpful.

Anyone ever managed to pre-book their seats via the net etc? Or even better anyone work for Emirates

Any suggestions as I want to make sure that we are all seated together (got scarde by another thread)
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 9:21 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre-booking flight seats

Originally Posted by debsy
Has anyone ever pre-booked their flight seats? We are flying with Emirates and I have requested some seats but the local office are really unhelpful.
I'm flying with Emirates in Oct. I phone up Thomas Cook (who I booked the tickets through) and asked them nicely. They told me it was sorted (free) but I guess we'll find out when we check in
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wmoore
I'm flying with Emirates in Oct. I phone up Thomas Cook (who I booked the tickets through) and asked them nicely. They told me it was sorted (free) but I guess we'll find out when we check in
That means that they can do it then Wayne.
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 9:25 pm
Banned

Diprotodon is an unknown quantity at this point

80% of seats are held by check-in and will be allocated on the day of travel.
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 9:26 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

That means that they can do it then Wayne.
I certainly hope so. Either that or they were just fobbing me off !
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

I certainly hope so. Either that or they were just fobbing me off !
Lets hope not We are also flying in October.
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 9:27 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

I didn't fly with Emirates but I flew with Singapore to Brisbane a few weeks back and emailed them to request emergency exit seats, they said fine, I wasn't convinced though. But when I checked in on the way out and back I forget to mention it to check in staff but I did get my emergency exit seats on all legs. I flew Emirates last year to Perth and have to say they weren't particulary helpful.
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 9:29 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen more than one thread where ppl thought they had reserved seats but were let down.

Maybe a case of the early bird catching the worm.

By that I don't just mean pre-booking but also getting to the airport in good time.
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 9:29 pm
What's happening dudes?

Lets hope not We are also flying in October.
29th @ 20:35 from MAN - BNE
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BKate
I didn't fly with Emirates but I flew with Singapore to Brisbane a few weeks back and emailed them to request emergency exit seats, they said fine, I wasn't convinced though. But when I checked in on the way out and back I forget to mention it to check in staff but I did get my emergency exit seats on all legs. I flew Emirates last year to Perth and have to say they weren't particulary helpful.
Tell me about it Kate
The Emirates staff I have dealt with on the phone have all had attitude problems. However, that have agreed to give us 50kg each to we had to choose them.
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 9:30 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Bix
By that I don't just mean pre-booking but also getting to the airport in good time.
That's good advice too. We always do that and have never had a prob getting good seats.
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

That's good advice too. We always do that and have never had a prob getting good seats.
Yes Bix you are right. I will arrive five hours early to check in on 5 October.
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Some airlines only let you book particular seats if you are a member of their Frequent flyer progarmme. Have emirates got a FF Club? if so it might be a way of getting a leg up
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 9:37 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Adding on to what I said I did check in reasonably early which was probably another reason I got those seats, but it's so worth it. After my experience with Emirates I'll always fly with Singapore now they're fantastic everytime. If you're flying from Heathrow there's a really nice Travel Inn on Bath Rd 5 mins from Terminals 1, 2 & 3.
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 9:59 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

EK are normally good at PB seats, so Im surprised to hear this!! Im on maternity leave but I have a good direct line into their res office in London ...Ill email a colleague tomorrow and post it up for you all. If you can check in online 24 hours before, try and do it and see if you can pre-allocate then?

Lucy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.