Prawn Crackers

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Steve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really nice
Default Prawn Crackers

Maybe I'm not eating in the right places, or maybe I'm wrong, but.........in the land of the prawn there appears to be a distinct lack of prawn crackers.

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 1:14 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Prawn Crackers

pmsl
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 12:16 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac
Maybe I'm not eating in the right places, or maybe I'm wrong, but.........in the land of the prawn there appears to be a distinct lack of prawn crackers.

You must be looking in the wrong places, we always seem to have them in the cupboard

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Any asian shop will sort you out. We got ours from Waneroo markets - topmost veggie shop has lots of asian stuff.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

vics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura about

You can get big bags of them from Wok in a Box (about $1.50 I think - have only bought them once from the one at Hillarys Boat Harbour but they were good ), or any little chinese food place at shopping centre food halls also seem to sell the same big bags.

Friends of ours buy ones you cook yourself at home in the deep fat frier. I think they pay something silly like $1 for a packet at the supermarket and it makes two huge bowls full.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 3:32 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Originally Posted by vics
You can get big bags of them from Wok in a Box (about $1.50 I think - have only bought them once from the one at Hillarys Boat Harbour but they were good ), or any little chinese food place at shopping centre food halls also seem to sell the same big bags.

Friends of ours buy ones you cook yourself at home in the deep fat frier. I think they pay something silly like $1 for a packet at the supermarket and it makes two huge bowls full.
Get yourself down to Woolies, down in the crisps section, large shiny red bag, called uummmmm"Prawn Crackers!!!" These are about the most like English ones that you buy in Sainsburys ( oh what I would give to spend an hour in there!!!!)
ViVi
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 3:41 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by vivi
Get yourself down to Woolies, down in the crisps section, large shiny red bag, called uummmmm"Prawn Crackers!!!" These are about the most like English ones that you buy in Sainsburys ( oh what I would give to spend an hour in there!!!!)
ViVi
Wishing to spend an hour in a supermarket? You need therapy.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:11 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

coles woolworths and bilo sell them, most supermarkets sell them. They will be next to the pappadums and the tins of curry, the uncooked ones come in a cardboard box with a big pink prawn on it

They also sell them ready cooked too in bags, if you can't be bothered cooking them up yourself, crisp aisle for these, or if not in that aisle in your supernarket - again next to the tins of curry

A lot of them in the supermarkets are imported from Asia, the land of the prawn imports most of them
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:20 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
Wishing to spend an hour in a supermarket? You need therapy.
Yes but 30 minutes of it would be in the chocolate aisle........now that's therapy!!!!! Would have to eat it there or else it would melt on the way back to Oz
ViVi
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Steve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really nice

My wife is always telling me I never look properly for anything.

I think I have a kind of dyslexia for things as opposed to words. Its hard to describe but for example I'll look in all the usual places for the bottle opener or the car. And I won't see the thing I'm looking for and then she'll come over and say something like "if I find it I'm going to hit you with it!" Then behold she opens the garage door and there is the car.

It's either a thing-dyslexia I have or I'm being plagued by gremlins or goblins that move the item then return it to a place I've already looked in. And If I check a place twice they're always one step ahead of me...........etc.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

My wife is always telling me I never look properly for anything.

I think I have a kind of dyslexia for things as opposed to words. Its hard to describe but for example I'll look in all the usual places for the bottle opener or the car. And I won't see the thing I'm looking for and then she'll come over and say something like "if I find it I'm going to hit you with it!" Then behold she opens the garage door and there is the car.

It's either a thing-dyslexia I have or I'm being plagued by gremlins or goblins that move the item then return it to a place I've already looked in. And If I check a place twice they're always one step ahead of me...........etc.
LMAO