Reload this Page >

In praise of Rexy

In praise of Rexy

Old Feb 13th 2003, 12:14 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In praise of Rexy

Good old Rex Hunt, I love watching those fishing programmes (getting double helping at the moment on Discovery).

Plus Hewey with his fishy dishes - great.

Well done, you bald-headed Aussie fish-man.

Not a bad way to earn a living.

Cheers - Don
Old Feb 13th 2003, 12:22 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In praise of Rexy

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Good old Rex Hunt, I love watching those fishing programmes (getting double helping at the moment on Discovery).

Cheers - Don
He also does AFL this prats everywhere hes taken over the box its a plot by bald men to take over the world , even the adverts use him please save us now before this man has a 24 hour show.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Feb 13th 2003 at 12:26 am.
Old Feb 13th 2003, 4:51 pm
Don
Banned

Thing is, PB, he's got a great personality.

Cheers - Don
Old Feb 13th 2003, 9:01 pm
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: In praise of Rexy

Cheers - Don
All bow down to the great man from Victoria.
YIBBIDA YIBBIDA THAT'S ALL FOLK'S. GONE GONE FISHING WAHOOOO!!!!!!!!
Brox
Old Feb 13th 2003, 10:36 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Thing is, PB, he's got a great personality.

Cheers - Don
You are right but sod it they must be another lad who deserves some air time , this guys everywhere on the box.

Old Feb 14th 2003, 4:41 am
Don
Banned

Good old Rexy, bald headed old coot was on the box again for an hour yesterday in Flander's Bay or something like that catching salmon. With a big chocolate ice cream stain on his sweat shirt.

Yibbidy yibbida - Don
Old Feb 14th 2003, 4:56 am
Banned

Good old Rexy, bald headed old coot was on the box again for an hour yesterday in Flander's Bay or something like that catching salmon. With a big chocolate ice cream stain on his sweat shirt.

Yibbidy yibbida - Don

Have you tried Aussie sea salmon ? once was enough for me I prefer old leather its got more taste .
This man has to be stopped hes advertising ice cream now this a blight on the box , I shall form an Hate Rexy club and voice my concerns to channel 7,9,10 (what happened to 8) also ABC and SBS this man has to be stopped think of the children they could all be going around with slap heads and beer guts plus stick on beards.

Old Feb 14th 2003, 5:19 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pommie bastard
I shall form an Hate Rexy club and voice my concerns to channel 7,9,10 (what happened to 8) also ABC and SBS this man has to be stopped think of the children they could all be going around with slap heads and beer guts plus stick on beards.
You'll be on a hiding to nothing. Rex is the quintessential Aussie and everyone loves him. It would be like lobbying to eradicate the Koala.

That Aussie salmon isn't really a salmon at all, you wouldn't really want to eat it. It's more of a catch and throw back fish.

I'm looking forward to getting into some snapper and crayfish fishing when I get my boat!!! I'm such a dreamer.

Dan
Old Feb 14th 2003, 6:21 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Have you tried Aussie sea salmon ? once was enough for me I prefer old leather its got more taste .
This man has to be stopped hes advertising ice cream now this a blight on the box , I shall form an Hate Rexy club and voice my concerns to channel 7,9,10 (what happened to 8) also ABC and SBS this man has to be stopped think of the children they could all be going around with slap heads and beer guts plus stick on beards.

Australian salmon (sea salmon) - try taking the blood line out, skin the fish and take all the brown stuff off with the skin, It takes longer to fillet it this way, but it's worth it. Just leave the white flesh - makes a world of difference! I like the taste of it, but not everyone does (it's actually the brown stuff which makes them stong tasting - removing it leaves a nice tasting mild fish).

I used to catch them in Newcastle off the beaches when I lived that way, can't catch them here in Brisbane, they stop around the Tweed except for the odd straggler (I do eat fish, only "animal" meat I don't eat). Anyway try taking all the brown meat off the fish before cooking it and the blood line.

And leave Rex Hunt alone , he's done wonders for the rec fishing (campaigning against trawlers), actually I do prefer "Bushy" - he usually out fishes Rex

Another good bloke I like to watch - Malcolm Douglas. Outback fishing/camping, four wheeling etc (owns a croc farm up North) - hell of a guy for an old bloke - forget the croc Hunter (steve) - Malcolm Douglas is the real thing who actually will live off the land for months in rough terrain.

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Feb 15th 2003 at 4:24 am.
Old Feb 14th 2003, 5:47 pm
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point

Surely you must be running out of ozzy stuff to hate?!! Or is your list long & distinquished? I can't wait till you get back to the "motherland" (or is it Das Fatherland) and read your post's on how wonderful it is to be back in England. Having said that some of your comment's are vvvvv funny.
Till the next time in the wonderful world of fishing, Yibbida Yibbida PB, and may you catch a big'un
Brox...soon to be in the south west of PB's favourite state.
Old Feb 16th 2003, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all

we look forward to catching them in the tweed.
alan has been granted spousal visa at last, we're coming to coolangatta around august.
when in melborne last year we visited rex hunt's chip shop "delish fish", sadly he was out fishing - where else!
karen
Old Feb 16th 2003, 11:13 pm
Banned

Originally posted by brox
Surely you must be running out of ozzy stuff to hate?!! Or is your list long & distinquished? I can't wait till you get back to the "motherland" (or is it Das Fatherland) and read your post's on how wonderful it is to be back in England. Having said that some of your comment's are vvvvv funny.
Till the next time in the wonderful world of fishing, Yibbida Yibbida PB, and may you catch a big'un
Brox...soon to be in the south west of PB's favourite state.
Look I love Aussies just as much as they love the Poms , though I would not give one house room most are not house trained .
WA welcomes Poms its full of them just try and stick togther with other Poms the locals are feral.

Old Feb 16th 2003, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

colind is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by karenvirginia
we look forward to catching them in the tweed.
alan has been granted spousal visa at last, we're coming to coolangatta around august.
when in melborne last year we visited rex hunt's chip shop "delish fish", sadly he was out fishing - where else!
karen
Going to a new restaurant with this name in Brisbane on Saturday with the outlaws. Presumably this is one of Rex's latest ventures. Was it good in Melbourne?
Old Feb 17th 2003, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all

it was'nt what you'd call a restaurant in melbourne, it was a massive chippy where they cook in the middle, all open plan. few tables, we sat out on the quay steps. there was loads of choice, remember here we only really get cod or plaice, but i was disappointed with fried flathead, a real teeny portion for one thing. the walls are plastered with rex's exploits we did'nt realise he'd been a copper and a footie star!
enjoy your dinner, i'm sure it will be an improvement!
Old Feb 17th 2003, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

colind is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by karenvirginia
it was'nt what you'd call a restaurant in melbourne, it was a massive chippy where they cook in the middle, all open plan. few tables, we sat out on the quay steps. there was loads of choice, remember here we only really get cod or plaice, but i was disappointed with fried flathead, a real teeny portion for one thing. the walls are plastered with rex's exploits we did'nt realise he'd been a copper and a footie star!
enjoy your dinner, i'm sure it will be an improvement!
Thks KV...will report our experience next week...