Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

In praise of Crown Relocations

In praise of Crown Relocations

Old Sep 30th 2005, 10:41 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default In praise of Crown Relocations

Chris and Jake from Crown's Tamworth depot did us a great job the last two days. They were really friendly (nay funny) and packed everything really well as far as we could tell. They took a large computer desk to pieces for us and reassembled it downstairs which they didn't have to do. They did us a special extra-thick box for the widescreen TV too which again was not obligatory.

We made a big effort to be organised before they arrived which they were very pleased with. We essentially took everything for the plane into our bedroom and lived in there for two days. I also put a post-it on every door saying what NOT to pack (ie we were getting rid of) which they greatly appreciated. I even gave them a hand taking beds down. Most importantly we brewed up every hour or so and made them a plate of sandwiches each day .

You scratch my back and I will scratch yours is a good way to sum that up.

They also gave us ship details so we can track its progress. We already know that it leaves the UK on Monday and should arrive in Freo on 4th November (only 4 weeks) which should be just about perfect for moving into our 6 month rental.

I can't speak for the Australian side yet. But Crown are the exception in that they use their own guys in Aus and the movers claimed because of this customs don't often bother to examine the contents of the container.

They had some amusing stories (babies, cats being packed in error for example) and some reassuring facts. In 40 years they have only ever lost containers once and that was in the storm that the film The Perfect Storm was based upon in which the whole top layer of containers was lost.

So I totally recommend them (so far, [touches wood]).
Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:04 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In praise of Crown Relocations

Originally Posted by worzel
Chris and Jake from Crown's Tamworth depot did us a great job the last two days. They were really friendly (nay funny) and packed everything really well as far as we could tell. They took a large computer desk to pieces for us and reassembled it downstairs which they didn't have to do. They did us a special extra-thick box for the widescreen TV too which again was not obligatory.

We made a big effort to be organised before they arrived which they were very pleased with. We essentially took everything for the plane into our bedroom and lived in there for two days. I also put a post-it on every door saying what NOT to pack (ie we were getting rid of) which they greatly appreciated. I even gave them a hand taking beds down. Most importantly we brewed up every hour or so and made them a plate of sandwiches each day .

They also gave us ship details so we can track its progress. We already know that it leaves the UK on Monday and should arrive in Freo on 4th November (only 4 weeks) which should be just about perfect for moving into our 6 month rental.

I can't speak for the Australian side yet. But Crown are the exception in that they use their own guys in Aus and the movers claimed because of this customs don't often bother to examine the contents of the container.

They had some amusing stories (babies, cats being packed in error for example) and some reassuring facts. In 40 years they have only ever lost containers once and that was in the storm that the film The Perfect Storm was based upon in which the whole top layer of containers was lost.

thanks for that worzel
it's always nice to hear about the good guys!!!

ps. my dad works in the building trade as a roofer (still, and he's nearly 67 years old :scared: ), and he always goes by who brews up for him - so we have always been brought up to brew up for workmen/tradies etc.

nice to hear you got all your stuff off okay
Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:09 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

strange feeling walking around and the house is empty, isnt it?

we did the post it thing too!!!!

not long now
Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

Cant agree with you more Worzel, Crown guys both from Scotland and the guys from Brisbane could not have been more helpfull, nothing was a problem and nothing was broken by the time it got here

The only problem is getting rid of he packing material, we must have used up a small rainforest with all the paper they used, but hey it was worth it.

Good luck
Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:57 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your post, Iain.

We are also thinking of using Crown. Got to hear that they've been great so far.

Gina
Old Sep 30th 2005, 1:19 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there, glad things are working out.

I think that Tracey mentioned to you that I have a trip lined up with work to go to Perth in about 3 weeks ish, I believe.

When will you be in Perth, because if I can I would like to make my time there to coincide with you being there and we can then share a bevvy or two.

Cheers, G

Old Oct 2nd 2005, 4:54 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
strange feeling walking around and the house is empty, isnt it?

we did the post it thing too!!!!

not long now
Very strange. I must have walked around the house 20 times before we left thinking how weird it was. But I have to say I didn't really feel sentimental about the house, only about leaving the town after 15 years and all the friends / family we won't see again for a long time.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Hi Worzel

How long in advance did you arrange for Crown to come out and give a quote, and then turn up and ship your stuff?

Thanks

SS
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 7:20 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

[
. can't speak for the Australian side yet. But Crown are the exception in that they use their own guys in Aus and the movers claimed because of this customs don't often bother to examine the contents of the container.

Sorry to say worzel, all HHG {house hold goods }containers into Aust are inspected, they must be unloaded into a Bond Store for inspection by AQIS, who will alert Customs to any discrepencies found................ mm
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

We used Crown when we moved here 3 years ago and couldn't fault them. The crew at Fremantle are excellent, but I have to say that customs do tend to check I think...well they did check ours and wasn't going to let a christmas tree with plastic pine cones on through quarantine...so the girl rang me and asked if we wanted her to just pull them all off.!! We said yes and she saved us $50 bless her!!

love sophia xx
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

davykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud of

sounds like a good company,how are they price wise
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:38 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi Worzel

How long in advance did you arrange for Crown to come out and give a quote, and then turn up and ship your stuff?

Thanks

SS
We probably got them to quote about 6 weeks before our anticipated move date. However we did move them back a week at a time for 4 weeks running.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:42 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by davykaz
sounds like a good company,how are they price wise
We asked PSS, Robinsons, Masons, Bishops Move, Crown to quote. Bishops Move never bothered to send a quote and Robinsons took too long to arrive and we had already gone for Crown by then (£400 cheaper though). PSS couldn't arrange a visit within the next month so we dropped them. So in the end we had two quotes from Masons / Crown which were almost identical except that Crown was about £100 more but Masons excluded insepction fees which made them about the same. We tried playing them off against each other but with an expected move date of mid-August they were that busy they weren't prepared to drop the price.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi iain
how are you,good to see things are moving in the right direction odd feeling isnt it,i dont think i actually believed it,i had it in mind that we were just going on holiday,thats what it felt like,it didnt feel real at all,still cant believe we re here lol,

good luck you guys,and dont forget if you wanna holiday in brissy you know where to come .

tracey
We probably got them to quote about 6 weeks before our anticipated move date. However we did move them back a week at a time for 4 weeks running.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:46 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by mr mover
[
. can't speak for the Australian side yet. But Crown are the exception in that they use their own guys in Aus and the movers claimed because of this customs don't often bother to examine the contents of the container.

Sorry to say worzel, all HHG {house hold goods }containers into Aust are inspected, they must be unloaded into a Bond Store for inspection by AQIS, who will alert Customs to any discrepencies found................ mm
I was already a bit dubious on that claim. By discrepancies I assume you mean that the list of boxes tallies with the boxes in the container (ie number 62 is a picture etc). Maybe he meant that they don't bother to open the boxes so often with someone like Crown to check the contents? Our guys removed some items like aerosols and solvents which indicates they know what they are doing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.