Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PR Visa approved in double-quick time

PR Visa approved in double-quick time

Old May 30th 2002, 7:51 am
Just Joined

Pedro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR Visa approved in double-quick time

In response to Kiran's posting of her delight at getting here PR visa approved - I just thought I'd put a message on here - as i'm the husband who lost his decree absolute etc - and I'm the husband who is currently working out here in Manly, awaiting her visa approval.

Kiran knows nothing of my response - although i know she logs on most days - so I'm hoping this will be a surprise from Oz for her.

I must say i was surprised by the speed of the application but I guess it shows that if you study the forms correctly, make sure you have all the details covered and include all the necessary medicals, police checks etc, the system does work.

I did think it would take about six months and was prepared to sit it out here in Manly - where contrary to popular belief - it does rain sometimes - like today, but hell, we're in winter right now and 17 degrees and a little rain beats 7 degrees and rain in winter in UK.

Anyway, now it looks like things will be moving a lot quicker than planned. I do feel for those of who you who have been waiting for many, many months. Luckily I became an Aussie about 12 years ago and after the past few years working in the Uk, decided - along with the wife- that Australia has more to offer that England these days. And that's not looking at it through rose tinted glasses, that's a reality here on the ground. Of course everything isn't perfect here - where is it in the world, but here beats there any day of the week!!

Long distance kisses from me to Kiran, see you soon and best of luck to all members using this site.

Pete