Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PR from the UK - medicals

PR from the UK - medicals

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Sunny spells is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool PR from the UK - medicals

We are applying for PR directly form here (UK) through an Employer Sponsored Scheme.
I wonder if anybody has been through this recently and whether they received the results back from the doctors or whether the doctors held on to them and sent them to DIMIA direcly.
If got them back, was it on the day or later on.

Many thanks for any info.
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of
Default Re: PR from the UK - medicals

Originally posted by Sunny spells
We are applying for PR directly form here (UK) through an Employer Sponsored Scheme.
I wonder if anybody has been through this recently and whether they received the results back from the doctors or whether the doctors held on to them and sent them to DIMIA direcly.
If got them back, was it on the day or later on.

Many thanks for any info.
As far as I know it is up to you - the doctor can send them on for you (at a cost) or you can have them and send on yourself. Do not know whether you would get them the same day as it depends on blood test results that take a few days.
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PR from the UK - medicals

Originally posted by Mummy
As far as I know it is up to you - the doctor can send them on for you (at a cost) or you can have them and send on yourself. Do not know whether you would get them the same day as it depends on blood test results that take a few days.
Didn't have blood test. Just urine test but point the same, you will not get them the same day.

The important thing is do not open the envelope if you are given them !!!! This will invalidate them.

Also, if they are going to Oz you need to think about couriering them. You do not want them getting lost in the post !!
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 11:47 am
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

We had our medicals done on Saturday and the clinic phoned us on Monday evening to tell us that the blood test results were okay.

We also paid an extra £60 to the clinic for them to courier the completed 126 and 26 forms directly to Adelaide. Expensive but seemed worth it.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Sunny spells is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all for your contributions.

I phoned the surgery yesterday and they said they normally send the results off themeselves (whether it is to make money or not, I don't know...).
The concern I have is that we haven't yet lodged the application as we are gathering all the bits of info together.
Even the consultant first said they need to be sent to Melbourne, then to the Embassy in the UK.
Not what you want to hear from your migration consultant is it?...
Old Mar 4th 2004, 9:47 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by EssexNobby
We had our medicals done on Saturday and the clinic phoned us on Monday evening to tell us that the blood test results were okay.

We also paid an extra £60 to the clinic for them to courier the completed 126 and 26 forms directly to Adelaide. Expensive but seemed worth it.
Bloody Hell that was expensive.......we couriered ours by DHL, was supposed to cost us £20 but out agent gave us his account number hehe!!!
Old Mar 4th 2004, 12:00 pm
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

:lecture: If I remember correctly then the front page of the 126 and 26 forms (medical and chest x-rays) have a space for you to specify your lodgement number.

If you haven't lodged then what did you or the doc put in this box ?

Just a bit concerned that the forms could arrive at DIMIA without this piece of key information