Reload this Page >

PR application form q. about past visits

PR application form q. about past visits

Old Jul 8th 2004, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

steved is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR application form q. about past visits

Hello,

On the perm. res. application form (47SK), it asks you if anyone applying has visited Australia in the past. If so, it wants exact arrival and departure dates as well as the relevant visa number.

What do you write for a 3 week holiday a few years back where the visa was done electronically (ETA)? I do not have a number.

Also, when I was about 10 (1986), I lived in Australia for 6 months when my dad got sent there on business. I think I went on his passport (it was allowed back then). Should this be included, and if so what about the visa number? It would've been my father's visa, not mine.

Thanks for any help on this one...

SD.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

Hi

When were filling in the application, my other half had lost his old passport containing details of visa number etc - we gave the year of his departure along with reasons why we could not provide visa number.

Just tell them as it it - for your visa a few years ago put the year down and state the circumstances same with regard to visit with your dad - put it on separate bit of paper if no room and make sure its with that page (on separate bit of paper make sure you note question number - in case the paper gets separated!!)

As long as you tell them/explain to them then should be okay if you leave it blank and something comes up on their system then they will wonder why you left it blank. If in doubt always provide an explanation!

good luck
Old Jul 8th 2004, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

steved is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for this - will do it.

So much paperwork.....!

SD