Wikiposts

poxy pox

Old Mar 27th 2004, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: poxy pox

Originally posted by WBB
after our long wait to be granted the last thing we expected to jeopardise our validation trip was chicken pox, but the poxy pox might of put a spanner in the works!

our 5 year old daughter has come down with the pox and is covered in little blisters full of puss :scared: we have checked the British airways site and apparently it will be OK to travel only if the blisters have all scabbed over and not before, this should take no more than 10 days we have read, and we leave in 10 days!

these things are sent to test us!

:scared:
Hi WBB

We had exactly the same thing when we went to Oz for our first visit, only our daughter was within the ten days. I spoke to the airline and they said "not a chance without a doctors note saying she was no longer contagious" so our doctor wrote the note and nobody even asked for it or even questioned why our daughter looked like a tea strainer!!! But to be on the safe side maybe your kindly doctor would do the same, just be sure to leave it to the last minute to ask.

Linz
Old Mar 27th 2004, 8:30 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya WBB,

I was 21 when I caught chicken pox and was working at an Outdoor Pursuits centre with hundreds of kids. When I went to the quack he said that there is a two week incubation period where the virus is in you body without any symptoms. He said the spots are not the contagious bit and that they are the infection leaving your body. I don't know how true this info is, maybe there are some doctors or nurses who could say validate or stamp on this info.
At our school they use this principal and once any high temps have gone we allow the children back to school if they wish to come. They usually take 2 or 3 days before returning.
Fingers crossed for you all. You will go!

Sarah
Old Mar 27th 2004, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
the chance of the baby catching it are slim as the missus is breast feeding and therefore passing on her anti-bodies, if the baby does get it in the next few days i think we can forget the 6th and put our plans on the shelf for a while.
Doesn't sound like she will get it; I wouldn't worry. I think you'd have noticed her being unwell or having a high temperature first. Breast fed kids are almost indestructible! Also you won't have to worry about fiddling about with formula either.

I've heard the same stuff that teach said about incubation/being contagious. I was a bit worried when teaching (I was pregnant) and had to check up for peace of mind as it was going around my class. I had one girl who turned up with loads of scabs and it freaked me out, but I wasn't at any risk. I'd get a note from the doctor though because the check in staff might not be that informed about it.
Old Mar 27th 2004, 10:14 pm
WBB

cheers folks.

we have already decided to get a paper off the doctor to say that she is not contagious, we will probably leave it until the day before we go (next monday) so at least if they ask any questions at the airport we have our backs covered.

we are just wondering what could go wrong between now and next tuesday!