poxy pox

Old Mar 27th 2004, 8:30 pm
WBB

Default poxy pox

after our long wait to be granted the last thing we expected to jeopardise our validation trip was chicken pox, but the poxy pox might of put a spanner in the works!

our 5 year old daughter has come down with the pox and is covered in little blisters full of puss :scared: we have checked the British airways site and apparently it will be OK to travel only if the blisters have all scabbed over and not before, this should take no more than 10 days we have read, and we leave in 10 days!

these things are sent to test us!

:scared:

Old Mar 27th 2004, 8:35 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all
Default Re: poxy pox

Fear not. Just use calamine lotion and when she has a bath/shower just pat dry. Also let her 'air/dry' her skin as much as possible as this can all encourage her skin to start to heal and scab over as opposed to getting sticky and sweaty. May sound obvious but have seen it work many a time. Lu
Old Mar 27th 2004, 8:36 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

tepid baths with a couple of drops of tea tree oil and some bi carb of soda is ment to heal them very fast.
Sh*t WBB, you get to go through it dont'cha. Good luck mate
Old Mar 27th 2004, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

:scared: Get lots of calamine and put gloves on her, cut her nails too and keep her away from your sproglett!
Actually, I don't know what I'm talking about coz my two aint had it yet!
Congrats on hitting 7k though.
Any chance the airline can postpone? I guess the 10 days things is cutting it a bit fine - I heard that they can go back to school sooner, so maybe its 10 days to be on the safe-side?
Chill it'll all work out somehow... in the meantime, take it out on Jack and Userjay
Old Mar 27th 2004, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

What if your other child gets it though?
Old Mar 27th 2004, 8:42 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

also, when she starts getting the scabs, get some pure lavender oil and dab it on. It helps soothe them so that she won't want to scratch them so much, it also will take out the redness and help promote healing. (god, i sound like i'm a sales mad beauty therapist, sorry )
Old Mar 27th 2004, 8:44 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Originally posted by hevs
tepid baths with a couple of drops of tea tree oil and some bi carb of soda is ment to heal them very fast.
Sh*t WBB, you get to go through it dont'cha. Good luck mate
Agree with hevs but be careful with the bicarb. If her skin is sensitive she can react to it and then have very sore/angry skin on top of the 'pox spots. Don't let her too near your newest one until spots start to scab over. If not sure ask your health visitor next time she's round especially about babe.
Old Mar 27th 2004, 9:14 pm
WBB

cheers all we have been using calamine lotion on her skin and keeping her cool and airy, all we can do is hope she is well enough to fly on the 6th.

fingers crossed, it worked last time.

Old Mar 27th 2004, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by debsy
What if your other child gets it though?
oh dear wwb what a worry-after all your waiting.
Afraid to say that my daughter was 9mths old when she caught it off her 4yr old "big brother" - if your little one is going to catch it she would have done so by now but it takes awhile to show
we'll keep our fingers crossed
Old Mar 27th 2004, 10:31 pm
WBB

the chance of the baby catching it are slim as the missus is breast feeding and therefore passing on her anti-bodies, if the baby does get it in the next few days i think we can forget the 6th and put our plans on the shelf for a while.

Old Mar 27th 2004, 10:34 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
the chance of the baby catching it are slim as the missus is breast feeding and therefore passing on her anti-bodies, if the baby does get it in the next few days i think we can forget the 6th and put our plans on the shelf for a while.
can you rebook the flights ?
Old Mar 27th 2004, 10:37 pm
WBB

Originally posted by wengerboy
can you rebook the flights ?
we have got travel insurance etc but i dont know how much we would lose......either way we would have to change them so it is pointless worrying about it.

Old Mar 28th 2004, 3:54 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

What is it with kids and putting a spanner in the works?

Poor old you WBB - you had better love Aussie after everything you have been through to get there!

Haven't got any remedies for speedy healing, I am afraid - just tie her hands together behind her back so she can't scratch!
Old Mar 28th 2004, 6:16 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Hard luck WBB but looks like you should just make it. Here's hoping...

Incidentally, we were offered (for the chimps) the option of a chicken pox vaccination last week. Anyone got experience of this in the UK? It's quite new, I believe.
Old Mar 28th 2004, 6:32 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

My eldest two when they were younger caught chicken pox off my hubby who broke out in shingles it was a nightmare, one of my sons had them in his ears,eyes, mouth ... everywhere!!!
Good luck Ill keep everything crossed for you hope you make the flight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.