Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Power Tools, ship or sell?

Power Tools, ship or sell?

Old Nov 24th 2009, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Al and Jacque is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Power Tools, ship or sell?

Have loads of power tools as I am a carpenter, dilemma is do i sell them here and probably not get what they are worth, or do i ship the lot to OZ, by the way they are all 110v which is the regulation in UK, so need your advice.

Thanks
Al
Old Nov 24th 2009, 1:07 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Power Tools, ship or sell?

Originally Posted by Al and Jacque
Have loads of power tools as I am a carpenter, dilemma is do i sell them here and probably not get what they are worth, or do i ship the lot to OZ, by the way they are all 110v which is the regulation in UK, so need your advice.

Thanks
Al
Ship them all. We did.
What's the point in selling them just to buy them all again.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of interest, would carpentry tools need to be thoroughly cleaned (because of wood shaving remnants)? Hubby also has quite a few tools.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 2:26 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

knowing how ozzie are paranoid about untreated wood (or rather any nasties that can come with it), I'd say clean them best you can.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
Just out of interest, would carpentry tools need to be thoroughly cleaned (because of wood shaving remnants)? Hubby also has quite a few tools.
We had a shipping agent in the other day who suggested using a pressurised air spray to get rid of any sawdust. He said to take them to the local petrol station and use theirs if we don't have one!
Old Nov 24th 2009, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flixy
We had a shipping agent in the other day who suggested using a pressurised air spray to get rid of any sawdust. He said to take them to the local petrol station and use theirs if we don't have one!
Good idea, love it when people think outside of the box!
Old Nov 24th 2009, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
Good idea, love it when people think outside of the box!
He also said to use a wire brush to get the dry mud out of any tread on shoes, then use a cotton bud dipped in Milton sterilising fluid to sterilise them, I can't wait for that job!
Old Nov 24th 2009, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

I would sell the 110v tools and start again here. The sites here are all 240v and as they have no idea what a transformer is they are not too comfortable around them.

On the bigger sites the health and safety is big and all tools have to be tested and tagged every 3 months. The company who you are working for usually takes care of this.

The 110v tools have no resale value here so if you do bring them you are stuck with them.

Good luck.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 8:59 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by hantsfamily1
I would sell the 110v tools and start again here. The sites here are all 240v and as they have no idea what a transformer is they are not too comfortable around them.

On the bigger sites the health and safety is big and all tools have to be tested and tagged every 3 months. The company who you are working for usually takes care of this.

The 110v tools have no resale value here so if you do bring them you are stuck with them.

Good luck.
I would tend to agree with the above, unless you only want them for personal use.

Old Nov 24th 2009, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Flixy
He also said to use a wire brush to get the dry mud out of any tread on shoes, then use a cotton bud dipped in Milton sterilising fluid to sterilise them, I can't wait for that job!
Dilute some Jeyes fluid and put it in a spray bottle for cleaning.

Johnnyyt
Old Nov 24th 2009, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Bring them, hubby is a builder and they are all fine here. Just clean them best you can, AQIS did open 'every' box of tools to check them and there were a lot! They don't have to be spotless, just clean of mud etc.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 12:23 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy66
Bring them, hubby is a builder and they are all fine here. Just clean them best you can, AQIS did open 'every' box of tools to check them and there were a lot! They don't have to be spotless, just clean of mud etc.

this question has been "hammered" over the last couple of years, 110 power tools are not used in oz,it will be difficult to get them tagged for use and they will have zero re sale value.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 1:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catch
this question has been "hammered" over the last couple of years, 110 power tools are not used in oz,it will be difficult to get them tagged for use and they will have zero re sale value.
'Torque' about it!

I would bring any 240 gear.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 3:34 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
'Torque' about it!

I would bring any 240 gear.
'Brickin' hell your right on there guvoner
Old Nov 25th 2009, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute

sell em thats what i did,

if you decide to keep em bring a few transformers with you
im not talking about optimus prime i mean the yellow box tranny
if yours is nicked ,breaks down or you lose it you will have a hell of a job getting another one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.